Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bow Fishing!!!
[fishon]
I went bow fishing for CARP yesterday. We didn't find to many with the storms and wind. In fact we only got 1. And it being my first time wasn't 100% sure were the best place to go was. I don't have a boat either. But I have to say. It was amazingly fun!!!! And just the little bit of time I spent doing it and shooting was way way fun. Is there anyone out there that does this a lot? That doesn't mind sharing info? That would be great. You can PM me or just reply to post.

Thank you all!!!
[signature]
You may want to pm carpinator. I believe he does some bowfishing and participates in carpapalooza.
[signature]
Oh sure - and where's my invite? Have boat will travel [Wink]
Hope you steered clear of the storm!

Springbuck sent some kewl info prior to Carpalooza. Take about barbarians at the gate! Primitive implements of destruction (remember DC trying to skewer that carp you caught with a pitchfork! Need sharper tines! And steel toed shoes!)

Water's come down a bit - I want to take waders and wander around Benson church area.
There's some spots off in the shallows around Cutler that I'll bet you could shoot blindfolded and have a good chance of hitting something! A lil' flattbottom gets your right on them too! Lets plan a trip bud!
Late summer last year there were whole pods of them wallowing in big long lines. Would mind trying to trap some minnows too.

So did you already have a bow? Or borrow one/buy one? Hooked on Utah had an episode on bowfishing couple weeks back. One tip - was to 'aim low' - due to refraction.
I know our church has a couple avid bow-fishers, and also an arrow manufacturer. Sure we could hookup.
This was actually spear-fishing, but it's one of my 'favorite' carp shots!
[fishon]
Couple of friends of mine have bows and asked if I wanted to go late yesterday. We braved through the storms but just didn't see many. But I'm going to find a bow and a rig if I can!!!! Anyone sailing a decent one????
[signature]
I do all my carp hunting in Utah County on Utah Lake. Lincoln Beach has some excellent shallows. Back in June there were hundreds during the spawn.

I don't have a boat either, so all my hunting is from the shore.

I hunt the south side of the lake. If you are north of Utah Lake, I bet there are some good spots in Saratoga Springs or American Fork.

Let me know where you are located.
[signature]
[fishon]
Hi Carpinator!!! I am located in Northern Utah. Logan area. That was another question if forgot to ask. Do carp have another spawn this year?
[signature]
A few found the end of my arrow around Lindon last weekend. Got this double head shot. Carp kabob.
[signature]
Just one spawn a year, but you can find them around when it's warm, just not congregated in big numbers like they do during the spawn.

If you are in Logan, I'd recommend you write a post specifically requesting carp info in Northern Utah. The people on this site are great and someone will point you in the right direction.
[signature]
You can find Carp all along the shores of Willard. Tons and tons. Walk or bike along the dikes sorrounding the lake in the afternoons, and you will see pods and indivuals within shooting disance of the rocks. Happy hunting!
[signature]
[fishon]
Thanks guys!
[signature]