Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Monster Macs at the Gorge ... 7-8-11
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#002850]After having such [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=675476;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"][#800080]good luck mack fishing a few weeks ago[/#800080][/url], Randy (N.E.T.O.) and I decided to make another trip to the Gorge to, once again, target some big monster macks. With room in the boat for one more, we invited Randy’s cousin (NETOSCOUSIN) to come along. He said that he was 100 % in and wanted to go.

We left my house at 2:00 a.m. Friday morning and made the long drive to the Gorge for a day of macin’. The weather was slightly breezy and over cast. But fishing was great that day.

Arron had the hot stick boating four lakers; two small ones, a 25 lb., and a 31 lb. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[size 3][#002850][font "Comic Sans MS"][inline "Arron's-small-444.gif"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]
[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][inline "Arron's-big-444.gif"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][inline "Arron's-big-open-444.gif"][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"]Randy landed two in the twenties. One of which was a double that Arron started. [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][inline Doubles-444.gif]
[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][inline Randy-444.gif][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"]I didn’t do very well this time ... just one pup.
[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][inline "Ralph's-small-444.gif"][/font]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBi5xuxnAoI"][font "Comic Sans MS"][#bf0000][size 5]Here is a cool video[/size][/#bf0000][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"] to watch if would like to see that rookie Arron in “pain and lovin’ every minute of it”. [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]
We also fished the next day but missed all the bites that were offered us. Even though we didn’t catch anything on Saturday, it served as a good reminder that we still have much to learn about mackinaw fishing.

It was great watching Arron [#ff0000]EXPLODE[/#ff0000] with high 5’s, chest bumps, and bro hugs after landing that big boy. It reminded me of the first time I landed a 35 lb. mac. Words just can not describe it!

Randy and Arron are two great guys to fish with. But I suspect that their normal lust for the smaller trout may have now been moved aside just a little for more of these big boys.
[/font][/#002850][/size]
[signature]
Awesome post! Looks like you guys had a blast.
[signature]
Righteous! Looks like a solid time on the water.
on a side note, I'm pretty impressed an old fart like you can post inline pics and videos [Wink]
seriously, though, great post!
[signature]
Ralph, that report is excellent! I had a great time and somehow wish I lived and worked in Manila. A few years back when I was a little more limber, I used to go water skiing and wakeboarding before work a couple times a week with my buddies using our ski boat up at East Canyon. We could each get in a couple of sets at daylight then be at at the office in our desk chairs by 9:00 a.m.! I suspect that if I lived in Manila I'd do the same thing only now it would be Mack fishing and I'd still be in my desk chair at 9:00 a.m.!
We knew we were going to catch fish on Friday as we avoided the skunk before even getting to the lake...literally! We were approaching the Lucerne Bay marina in the dark and a skunk crossed the road in front of us...Ralph had to do some serious evasive maneuvers, but avoided the skunk! We all had a good laugh about that saying that we had already avoided the skunk and knew it was going to be a good day. Friday was in fact an excellent day for catching, but Saturday we all drew goose eggs. We had one on (The Rookie, Arron again!), but didn't quite make it to the boat so we couldn't count it. I suspect that we all got a little cocky after Fridays excellent day and Mother Nature/Fish Gods/Whatever had to put us back in our place!
Anyway, thanks again Ralph and Arron for an excellent trip!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[quote joshomaru]I'm pretty impressed an old fart like you can post inline pics and videos![/quote]

Yea, me too. But I have to take a whole day of vacation time off work to do it.
[signature]
Only one pup,, well think of it like this, if ya turned it back you caught a future 60 pounder.. If it hit the grill, it would have been a future 60 pounder.. [Wink]

Wish I could get up there and put the hurt on em, but no time soon enough..[:/]
[signature]
Great looking pics and video Coot!
[signature]
ROFL - that's awesome. Holy Mack Batman!

Hey - as said - great post. Love those big fish hugs, what - no kisses? Those are some beasties indeed!

Didn't say what they 'took' but that's your option.
I inherited some big heavy "spoons" that must be intended for deep-big-fish-fishing (certainly not my lil' pansy panfish!). Maybe they'll meet the Gorge or Bear lake one of these years.

Thanks for the post bud! Wicked fun I'll bet!
All fish caught were released back to swim another day.
[signature]
[fishon]
Wow incredible fish....nice Old Coot.
[signature]
Wow, Ralph and Randy that was an awesome trip! Thanks for everything , that was a memorable trip ! - Arron [fishin]
[signature]
Another Great trip for you and the GDBB. Smile Congrats to the guy that got the 31. Sweet fish.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
nice job old coot, neto, and netos cousin. I wish I had the time to go down there. you didn't go with jim the instructor this time though right??
[signature]
Nope, no guide this trip. Had we been with Jim, I'm sure we would have had much better success on Saturday.
[signature]
AWESOME just plain AWESOME
[signature]
Headed up there tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. Don't get the chance to fish the gorge but a couple times on a good year. Mostly going up for the kokanee but lake trout would be fun as well. Any pointers on where to go or what to use this time of year? We usually vertical jig for them but i'm not too familiar w/ all the humps or structures. Could you point us in the right direction roughly?
[signature]
Congrats on the no stick in your boat. Thats not always easy to do when concentrating over the heads of the biggins. Did ya guys break away to do any eater fishing?

Way ta,,,,
[signature]
[quote americanforkdude] We usually vertical jig for them but i'm not too familiar w/ all the humps or structures. Could you point us in the right direction roughly?[/quote]

Get yourself one of those Flaming Gorge maps by Fish-n-Map Co. Sportsman's has them for about $8. Check out the coordinates suggested for Swim Beach and Antalope Flats.
[signature]
[quote Coldfooter] Congrats on the no stick in your boat. Thats not always easy to do when concentrating over the heads of the biggins. Did ya guys break away to do any eater fishing?[/quote]

Not sure what "no stick in your boat" means but, NO, we didn't target any bass, trout, or kokes ... Just the big boys.
[signature]
LMAO,, my bad, I meant (stink in your boat), hense skunked.

Yeah I tend to get tunnel vision there also when the mackies want to play, shame on me, lol.
[signature]