Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov't Wash Bassin' 7/17
[font "Calibri"][/font]Gov’t Wash Bassin’ 7/17

[font "Calibri"][/font]Hit the wash early sun morning. I blind casted the shoreline and prayed for a big one. Sadly the big one never came. I set one record today and it’s for the smallest LMbass Ha! [laugh] biggest fish of the day topped out at a whopping 5”.

You could see dozens of baby bass hanging out in the newly flooded brush saw a few decent ones but they quickly masked themselves in the vegetation. I didn’t bother with any bait today just the usual lure line up. It was hella fun catching those tiny bass! they seemed to chase anything moving.

On another note I ran into and talked to someone who was stuck in the mud. This guy was way off the approved dirt roads. He was stranded with no water or telephone. I hooked him up with both.

Chatted with him for a while and apparently he was there the night before driving around went down a steep incline and ended up stuck in a back cove. To make it worse his rig was not 4x4 and the rangers apparently didn’t want anything to do with it.

On my way out I saw BFT’er UndurTow pullin his brand new Tracker Targa through the park. Nice boat brotha hoped you got into some action. Enjoy Folks! [cool]

[inline 002.JPG]

[inline 005.JPG]

[inline IMG00101.jpg]

[inline IMG00107.jpg]

[inline IMG00105.jpg]

Note - the bugs were terrible before the sun came up I'll remember to use bugspray next time.
[signature]
oh that brings back bad memories of oct 2010 when i was stuck in the mud out at hemmingway with 3 kids one of which was only 16 months. but we had lots of water and drinks and food and a cell phone, but yeah the rangers didn't want anything to do with us and to bring a tow truck out it was gonna be 200 just to start the tow truck up. they told me.

on your fishing note, those small bass are super fun to catch, and so easy cause they dont know whats food and what'll land em in the fryin pan lol. i went out last saturday and fished the new boulder harbor for the skunk. [fishon]
[signature]
im suprised your camera actually focused in on that fish with its size...lol...j/k
[signature]
On a 'match-the-hatch' note, I've never seen a fire-tiger colored shad out at Mead. You might try an imitation of what they are eating to land a decent fish.

More like this...

[Image: threadfin_shad_reyes.gif][url "http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/datastore/datastoreview/showpage.cfm?usernumber=100&surveynumber=241"][/url]

Less like this...
[inline threadfin_shad_reyes.gif]
[signature]
don't start the bait clarification thread again....lol
[signature]
Looks like you found the nursery[Wink]

Probably some biggins just below those guys eating them up. I sometimes throw deep baby bass cranks and pick up a few around this time of year.
[signature]