Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing...
I do a lot of surf fishing for shark and was wondering if there are any tips or secrets to catching the Tiger Shark???
I've caught a lot of Black Tips, a few Spinner's and a couple of Bulls all the way up to 200 pounds or more. Not to mention the Sand sharks, Bonnetheads and other little guys out there. But the Tiger Shark is the one I'm really wanting to get a hold of!
I've looked up and read about everything you can on these sharks. The baits, the gear to use, the times to best fish for them, just about everything. As a matter of fact there was a sighting of an 11 foot Tiger Shark right where i like to fish! But still know luck. Maybe i need fish them at night...

If there's anyone who can help, that would be great.

THANKS
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Wish I could help but here in Utah the closest thing we have to salt water is The Great Salt Lake. It would be fun to live near the ocean and be able to catch the variety of fish that you can catch.
[signature]
I've typically found most Tiger Sharks around inshore reefs. I'm fishing off the coast of South Carolina, and during the summer months, you can pretty much bet that if you fish the near shore reefs long enough with a good sized live bait in a chum slick, you're going to find yourself hooked up to a big tiger.

The world record was caught off of Cherry Grove pier here in SC, but they are not as common along the breakers as other species of sharks, especially sharp nose and spinners. (at least, not off our coast)

I hope this helps!
[signature]