Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receipes part II
I just got 3 deer back from the butcher, so I have plenty of meat. I also have a xmas party on Fri. I'm looking for a good Hot dish/casserole/crockpot/feed a group of people, type of receipe. <br><br>could use any help available.<br><br>
Looks like Ill be cooking tonight.<br><br>I harvested the deer in Pelican Rapids MN. Party of three with six tags, but I was the lucky one to shoot the only three in our 2 day zone. Total hunt time in the woods was about 2.75 hrs. That does not include the field dressing time.<br><br>I lot of fun since I have not deer hunted in MN for 14 yrs. I moved to So. CA then got smart and moved back to MN.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hattrk4me on 12/20/01 12:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
I lived in San Diego. I went hunting once (first time in CA) near table Mtn East of San diego about 1.5 hrs, about half way to El Centro. I was with Friend, I wanted to quit about 2 hrs into the hunt. too many idiot people. I ran into a guy with a 2 way radio, and a set of high power Binos, sitting on a cliff. he was directing about 10 others in a drive, telling the others when and where deer were moving too or hiding. They drove the deer into the cliffs, a literal dead end for the deer. In my view 100% unethical. I never Big game hunted again in CA, that was about 6yrs ago.<br><br>
Come to MN, their is so much public land to hunt, and tags are very easy to get. with the population at a high you could probably obtain a Managment permit too.<br><br>good riddens to CA big game hunting, the waterfowl was ok but thats even getting worse to many water fools out. Its too bad a hand full can ruin the refuge hunting for the masses.<br><br>
Great recipes and good post hattrk4me. Just the kind of responses I like to see, as everyone benefits. Good hunting, I imagine MN has some excellent waterfowling also. We are just now getting some ducks here in TN, hopefully enought to give us a great January. Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"