Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Bait
[cool] Do you use Power Bait? How many colors do you normally cary with you?

Do the fish in your area change thier color preference from time to time?

I use power bait once in awhile. I carry roughly 18 colors in a kit mostly because in some areas, the trout will change color preference about every 20 minutes. What is your experience with Power Bait?
[signature]
We need to move all the comments from the other board over to here. But since we've got a clean slate... I can get my two cents worth in!

I've got Berkeley's Power Natural's that don't seem to work for anything in the trout lake in my neighborhood. Works great on the carp in the rivers though! They seem to really like the "earthworms" The sunnies in the lakes seem to like the fake corn.

I do have Berkeley's Power Bait - Orange Swirl. I haven't had any luck with it yet. I don't have any more room in my tackle box for more. I need to either invest in a different tackle box or start carrying around my smaller one as well.

How are you sposed to use the "Power Bait" anyway? It's like a paste. All it says on the bottle is to put enough on the hook to make it float. Do you make a ball out of it? Flatten it? Try to make it look like a worm?
[signature]
your power baits come in many formes.

liquid paist doughball egg even on rubber worms.

liquids can be duncked diped sprayed and other manors

paist can be spred on a spoon/lure/llivebait but is most commonly incerted in to tubes

the doughball and eggs are simply slipped on to a hook or egg sacks

the rubber worms with the power bait on them, well you know what to do with them.[Wink]
[signature]
When I see "Power Bait", I immediately think of Berkeley products that come in a small jar that says "Power Bait" on it. It's mostly their trout fishing stuff that seems to be labeled as "Power Bait".
[signature]
I beleive Berkly has the trade mark on the name "Power Bait"

that is why you dont see any one else advertising, using the words power bait. They afeter all are sented lures of one kind or another.
[signature]
Yeah, I believe you're right. Berkeley would probably throw a fit if some other company used their name.
[signature]