Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Bait
[cool] Do you use Power Bait? How many colors do you normally cary with you?

Do the fish in your area change thier color preference from time to time?

I use power bait once in awhile. I carry roughly 18 colors in a kit mostly because in some areas, the trout will change color preference about every 20 minutes. What is your experience with Power Bait?
[signature]
belive it , i have never used a powerbait before .

i don't have a reason either , just never tried the stuff

i have dozens of old lures and gismo's that i have bought over the years that didn't amount to much , so i've stuck with buying just what i need and nothing more .

how do you like the stuff ? what dont you like about it ?
[signature]
I think the stuff is alright for planters and once in awhile a cat will take it. One of the drawbacks about it is that it is so expensive for such a small amount that you get and also once it gets under your fingernail, even your peanut butter and jelly sandwich tast funny after handling it. ha ha ha
[signature]
how do you use it ?
[signature]
[cool] They have a dough bait that you usually put on a #10 or #12 treble hook. Apply a splitshot or = about 8 to 12 inches above the hook. Most of the dough formulas float. there is also a liquid that you can squirt on your lunkers or other lures. They have small night crawlers in red, yellow, green, orange, chartreuse, and brown colors. Hook them up the same way as normal crawlers. There are bigger power worms, crawdads, and grubs for bass. Those work well with dropshotting or carolina rig and you can even Texas rig if you like. They even have a couple dough formulas for Cats. I saw at the fishing shop last night some brand new power bait nymphs. Now those looked light enough to fly fish with. There is also power maggots for any of your panfish and there are power corn nuggets. Sooooooo more power too ya bro. ha ha
[signature]
i'll get some and give it a try at the dam , i do pretty good there , maybe this will intice that big old brown trout to come see me at home for dinner !
[signature]
[cool] Hey there LH, good luck on those browns. I haven't had much luck with the browns but if you are planning on trying them with the power bait, I would suggest the night crawler flavor dough or the PB trout worms. The browns are just a little far for me to experiment right now on those new flavors. Good luck and let me know how ya do.
[signature]