Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last trip to tippy
this weekend will be my last trip to tippy dam , the coho have started there migration in on the east side and it is a much shorter trip for me .

i'll post some pics after the trip . i hope i get a wall hanger !
[signature]
ya headin up with stormy this week?

I will keep an eye open for some coho pics[Tongue]
[signature]
i was going for the weekend , but got stuck working the weekend , on top of it the old computer got hit with a virus , it attacked my nortin !

it also did something to the keyboard , had to get a new one .

i shot over for a couple hours friday night , chalk another king up for the bft rod ! and anther swim in the river for me afterwards . man that waters cooling down fast .
[signature]
yep I walked down to the lake yesterday, that water was about beer tempriture.

I heard they have started on the east side as well, you hearing any thing?
[signature]
Weekend is now over[Sad] and what a beatiful weekend it was[Smile] Went up to the Big Mansitee and had a great time[Smile]
Five of us camped out right along the river and partied it up. we hooked up about 75 to 100 fish. We got one nice 9lb. steelhead, one 12lb coho. one 3 lb brown trout. and 9 kings.
One of the best times up ever. hated to leave but the clouds were rolling in and rain was called for all day monday so we headed out late sunday night. almost landed one by hand. was going around a tree that was down in the water and this fishing line started to get wraped up in the feet and when I was rolling it up just to get it out of the water. I felt a quick tug and guess what there was a big oh king on the other end. I tried to pull it in by hand but when you got a whole big ball of line wraped up in the hand there is no drag and with one quick run it tighten around my hand and snap.[Sad] OUCH did that hurt[Sad]
Can't wait to go up again.
[signature]
yea i really wanted to get to your hot spot , fishing with a hundred people or so it a experiance for sure i used the bft rod for the night fishing , set it up just lik you said for the steelies only with a longer leaded line . bounced a few flys down , mostley wolly worms . the first spawn bag i sent out returned a king , beached him too . i had one lady call me a snager because of the rod , i stoped right there and showed her the fish's mouth and said , " that's not a snag , that's fishing , where's yours ?"

i use the steelhead rod during the day , where i can see the igiots casting . at night that bft rod brings them in to papa without a lot of walking , no tangle up's either .

i had one guy get pissed because i was " fishing his hole "

told him that my fish is stuck in his hole and as soon as i get him out he can have it back , ya should have heard everyone laugh !

i draged my heels at work saturday but it was worth it bigtime , i just wish i could have remembered how to get to your spot to meet you . i guess we'll have to wait for your trip up here or the next trip over to the west side . man i'm ready for both ! p.m. me when your heading over again , i'll make sure i have a virus for missing work .

cough , cough , sniffle , sniffle , ah-choo ! yep , i'm ready !

fish on , yeee haaaa !
[signature]
there in there , but we need some rain to really push them up .

it rained all day today wiiith mor on the way later on in the week !

which way to go now , east or west ?

tippy is awsome !

i fished the wixom dam tonight with daredevils . i got crappies !
[signature]
There is alot of A** holes up at the dam that's why I don't go there anymore. Pretty much everyone that I saw fishing snagged there share of fish. YOu should of seen the guys just down from me fishing, they were throwning the biggest michigan spiders I have ever seen and they draged in 10 fish in about 5 hours. Where was the DNR? That weekend and next weekend they are doing there watch on river for snaggers. Tippy dam is loaded with those michigan spiders idoits all night long. I caught on in the mouth Sunday morning that looked like he was a pin coushen. There was three spiders in his back and one single in his tail. I ended up letting that one go. The rain will bring up another run. I would like to go up next week again but bow season is just to close. Do I go fishing or go bow hunting?[crazy][:/][crazy][:/][:/][crazy]
[signature]
I hear ya there, the tipy has been that way ever since I can remember, my uncle tells me it was like that back in the 50's and 60's.

when the big fish roll in it seems like the snaggers crawl out of the wood work. the old laws would allow the game warden to open your box to check your tackle. you were not even allowed to own a spider let alone use it. if you had one in your box they would consficate every thing you had, fish poles tackle and license.
[signature]
You would not believe how big michigan spider have gotton on the river. You can count on 50% of the men at the dam have them.[Tongue]
[signature]
let me guess , a trebel; hook with loops of mono above it ?

yea i saw a lot of thoes jerks . but the one d.n.r. officer i saw was only concerned with giving my buddy a tresspass ticket for standing in the water above the cable .

i lost more than my share of fish to the trebel hooks in the water than to the over-casters ! trash all over the place too !

my set ups used were the fly i showed earlier , wolly worms , leach flys and spawn sacks with single egg hooks .

on the other hand thou , i met some of the most dedicated fishermen i have ever met , handing there rods over to kids and first timers to feel the fight ! pretty darn cool !

i'll hunt during the week and fish the weekends , one of the perks i get here in the sticks ! lol !

i'll hunt on the weekends or whenever you head up ! i'm ready , yee haaaa !
[signature]
yA I WOULD LIKE TO HEAD UP FOR ONE MORE DAY OF FISHING MYSELF.[crazy] PLUS THE TURKEY SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.[Smile] PLUS BOW SEASON TOO.[Smile] I JUST SEEN A NICE 8 POINTER OUT WALKING YESTERDAY ON MY LUNCH HOUR. YOU NEED TO MAKE IT DOWN WHERE I TOLD YOU TO TRY FOR THE SALMON IT A NICER PART OF THE RIVER.
[signature]
i usually make aboout ten or twenty " last casts " at the end of the fishing day so i guess a couple last trips to tippy are in order !

how's that two track for taking a camper ? any spots above the hill to set up ? if not , the campground is pretty good , i can always get a hot shower there instead of a cool dip in the river !

got any idea on when your coming up ? venison steaks , venison chilli and venison stew will be ready for you . just heat and eat , that way you'll have more hunting time !
[signature]
If you have a good four wheel drive you can go down the hill but there is camping spots on top of the hill too. It just makes the hike down the river a little longer and carrying the fish up that hill is hard on the back. I'm not sure when I will be able to make it up again. I have about 12 tree stands I still have to hang. plus the wife is nagging at me about going up for the past three weekends.
[signature]
tippy dam pic , view from the top , wish i was there , wish it was still fall [Wink] .

oh yea , anyone heading over that way , remember there's no bait to be used there this time of year .
[signature]