Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do u catch in the mystic river?
What do u catch in the mystic river? goin in august.any advice?
[signature]
A little bird told me you can catch catfish there....Before I fish for catfish,I normally go under the fountain to absorb the mystical powers of the lake,this is tru,my advice is to rinse your face with the water from the river,this way you can gain its mystical powers,I believe in strange rituals used for hooking catfish,I usually hook some nice catfish using this meathod ,sometimes I even hooked the lake monster but she always gets away..I can't gurantee you will land anything,but you should at least hook a big cat,or get nibbles,use the mystical powers of the river,..may the bass be with you..Paulpro knows fishing just like Bo knows baseball..I normally jump in before fishing,I swam before landing these beauties..
[signature]
what about off the pier?
[signature]
yea try it,I would chum some bread and fish with balled up bread ,just check it now and then to make sure nothing stole it,its worked for me off a floating dock,caught lots of small cats under a pound, left and right,don't forget the raw hot dog,try those small sausages I've been wanting to,they are bite size,and smell strong,try cooked even for the hot dog,never tried it cooked but sounds like it would let more juices out for some good aroma therapy for cat fish[Image: sleeping.gif][Image: beaten.gif]P.S,if your just laying your rod down with the drag loose,don't point it at the water,keep it at a 90 degree,that way you see the tip of your rod twich easier....always keep a rod at your side, its our only weapon...
here are couple more pics of the same cats I've caught,I let my nephew fight the albino channel cat. one after I hooked him using a med size bait fish,I saw him there,and I crushed the baitfish, all I did was cast on him,he turned 180 and got the baitfish,good luck,try baitfish too...
[signature]
The blues are starting to show up. Get some bunker, cut in four pcs. Buy a steel leader hook and sinker rig at your local bait shop at the same time. Hook the pc to the hook and drop it to the bottom and wait. Chck every 15-20 mins as the blue crabs are in now. This isn't light rig fishing, so bring a heavy pole.surf casting type. Might be a good idea to pick up a crab trap and fish for both. Paulpro lives in florida.
[signature]
strange enough, I have caught catfish "Yellow bullheads" on minnow marchmellows under a bobber. "I have not fished at this location"

ya, I do have to put on a new mellow every 10-15 min. but I dont get board that way.. lol

sure thing on the hotdogs. cooked ones dont stay on the hook vary well.

them store bought catfish dogh ball works too.

and if you have an area that is not filled with turtles chicken livers are dinomight. I cant cast a liver out on my lake with out fear from catching a leatherback. [shocked]
hmm,turtle meat,ever tried turtle mm good,I had soft shell,thanks for the heads up for cooked hot dog,you can always try a small trebble hook to keep the cooked hotdog on better,fish are getting picky,the fountain and the dock I was talking about is at my own lake down south,I was just giving examples of how I've caught some cats down here,remember for trebbles you could rig the bait first then tie your knot ,push the eye of the trebble through wile sinking in the hooks,let the eye pop out the other side then tie on..
[signature]