Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park area
I've been in the Island Park area for a few days on family vacation. Might finally be able to do some fishing. Wondering what's happening in various areas. Does anyone know about hatches on Harriman - anything coming up and what times. I've never fished Box Canyon. Is it worth walking in and fishing? What flies? Henry's Lake in the morning in a tube - I know access is limited so are fish close enough to shore and spread throughout the lake? Any other suggestions? Of course not looking for anyone's secret areas. The touristy areas are just fine. TIA.
[signature]
Don't have much current info on Henrys lake or harriman area but I fished box canyon 2 weeks ago and hooked several hefty fish. We floated and stopped to fish the better areas but the flows are down some now and wading should be a good option. Most of the success we had was on the deeper runs and the seams between fast and slower water. Pretty much all nymphing with rubber legs and tungsten/copper jonn droppers. Hope this helps!

Cole
[signature]
This is not a good time of year to catch fish at Henrys from shore. Not saying you can't do it. Just saying it is difficult. Most of the fish are out in the deeper holes or in thick weedbeds near springs. If you can find the holes in the weedbeds you might have some success.

Windriver
[signature]
On the Ranch hatches are weak this year. Few flavs left. few PMD's. Early and late best. Lots of fish, but tough to catch.
[signature]