Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report
Post on KSL Outdoors website:

"-- Monte of Smithfield, UT 09-15-2003
Hello fellow anglers !! I went over to Bear Lake this weekend 9-14-03 and I couldn't believe how low the lake was I think that is the lowest i have ever seen it anyway......I started to fish just off of rainbow point and I thought the Macks spawn time would not start until the middle of October, but what I witnessed was they are spawning now, I was there for about 4 hours and landed 5 fish, the smallest being 8lbs. and the biggest tipping the scales at a whopping 21lbs. for some odd reason the macks are spawning now, dont miss the chance to catch some nice fish.(hint) I was using a tube jig called a cob-dobbler triple x made by Luhr jensen."
[signature]
where is rainbow point and what is a cob-dobbler triple x?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've got my doubts about the validity of this report. For one thing Luhr Jensen doesn't make anything called a cob-dobbler triple x. I've been on their website looking for it for the last 10 minutes. Do a search for a "cob-dobbler triple x" on an internet search engine of any kind and you get no results.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I know of at least three boats that fished the Rainbow Point - Cisco Beach area last weekend and couldn't buy a bite trolling and jigging; these guys weren't BL rookies either. If there was fish to catch they would of found them.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I seriously doubt the spawn is on this early. I could be wrong but this is a month earlier than what is normal. Deer Hunt is a good reference for the mack spawn. Like I said, I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'll be over there Saturday morning. I'll check it out.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow! Did you get any pix of that bad boy? You should post em' if you did.. I don't have much experience at BL but did fish it last year late fall and had a blast. I'm "hooked"!!!!
[signature]
Please notice that this was not my post, I merely copied a post from another site -- I'm still trying to reach my goal of a 10 pound mack from Bear Lake.
[signature]