Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im back!!
Sorry its been a while but its been really crazy at work after the airshow incident. I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for beer battering stripers. What is the best way? Thanks guys. Talk to you soon. Keep fishing!!

Chad[crazy]
[signature]
good to see ya back . .. . heres one to try

Beer batter: [ul] [li]4 tbsp. flour. [li]4 tbsp. corn starch. [li]1 tsp. seasoned salt. [li]1 tsp. lemon pepper. [li]1 tsp. sugar. [li]Beer. [/li][/ul]

Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with enough beer to make a batter a little thinner than pancake batter. Slice the fillets into strips 6 inches long by about 1 inch thick. Dip the sliced fillets into the batter and deep fry until the batter turns a golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with tartar sauce, lemon juice, malt vinegar or cocktail sauce.

sm
[signature]
[cool] Hey there Hawghunter, southernmans recipe is pretty much the way I like to do it myself. If you like it a little crunchy then just add about 1/2 cup of crushed corn flakes to the same proportions of his recipe. Crunch Crunch!!!
[signature]
Try this recipe for stripers:
Crush Ritz Crackers until fine
Beat several eggs with a little milk
Dip your fish into the egg/milk mix, roll in crushed crackers, fry in 1/4" oil until done.
I use a cast iron fry pan and canola oil.
The group I feed eats a lot of striper prepared this way.
BaySport
[signature]
[cool] If you want another option to deep frying, you can cook them in peanut oil. I have learned from a very reliable source (TubeDude) that peanut oil can withstand higher temperatures before it starts to smoke. We would rarely use anything but peanut oil for our fish frying. It tastes good too. yum yum.
[signature]
batter [ol] [li]one cup flower[/li] [li]1/3 cup cornmeal[/li] [li]one teaspoon salt[/li] [li]1/8 teaspoon Cheyanne pepper[/li] [li]one egg[/li] [li]add beer till desierd concistancy[/li][/ol]

skillet fry or deep fry till golden.

the hot pepper makes the fish taist sweet not hot. that is the secreat ingredeant in comercial recipies.
[signature]