Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YUBA Bass??
Are there bass in Yuba? Going to be heading down that way for a weekend trip just curious as to what is down there. Never been to this lake before.
[signature]
my nephews and brother in law spent some considerable time there recently and they report nothing is biting at all....I am not sure if there are Bass, they do have perch, walleye, pike and trout...but like I say, nothing is biting right now.
[signature]
Don't forget the carp! Plenty of them in that water. As for bass I doubt it. Even if there were any in there nobody would tell you. I spent a whole summer down there before the draw down and only saw carp being pulled out. My neighbor claims he has a buddy who always gets into pike but the only clue he gave me to "where's the location" was is "look for the weeds!"

Good luck but I am willing to bet all you hook into is carp[frown].
[signature]
I was fishing there 3 yrs ago with Asst Director of the DWR and he told me that the lake doesn't have the structure to support Bass. There may be some in there, but not very many.
[signature]
A few smallmouth in Yuba. Hard to target. I've seen three caught and caught one myself. All near the narrows. Fish for the Pike. More of them.
[signature]