Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you own a Classic Acc. Colorado please read! Desperately need valve adapter!
So, I buy a Classic Accessories Colorado pontoon boat a couple years ago and I lost the valve adapter last year. No worries...right? Wrong.

After several emails and calls with CA, they refuse to provide a replacement or any sort of customer service whatsoever. They no longer make this $4 piece of plastic so I'm stuck with a flat boat and no way to inflate it. Please help if you can. I've attached a picture of the adapter I'm after. The boat is a Colorado Pontoon boat and NOT the XL (or XT) version. I guess the big difference is that my valves (that are attached to the bladder) are white and not grey. It has orange skins and was purchased from Costco. Apparently it's not a standard adapter. It is not a Halkey Roberts valve.

The CA part number is PTBADAPTOR.

And if you can't help...please reconsider your next Classic Accessories purchase. I can understand discontinuing a product but they weren't even sympathetic and did not offer one solution. In fact, they were actually pretty rude until I found a 'manager'.

Thanks.

[inline classicaccessoriesneveragain.jpg]
[signature]
That valve was not unique to the Colorado model. My arrow backpacker has the same valve. I still have the adapter and would part with it except my own need for it.

One difference of the adapter you need is that it holds open the valve so a cheaper lower volume/pressure pump can be used. One thought is can you find a diameter of clear tubing to tightly fit the opening of the valve and along with a higher volume/pressure pump get it to inflate?

Really in the end you just need to get a "tight" enough seal and some pressure. If you do that you should be able to push air in in a similar way to how the name brand better valves work. If can remember tomorrow I'll get out my toon bladders that go with this adaptor and see if I can give you anything more specific. Sorry about the bad situation. [:/]
[signature]
Interesting...now you've got me thinking. I'll give it a shot. Or, I suppose if I could find the diameter I could buy a piece of PVC and do some cutting.

Or, if I can get the specs and find somebody with a 3D printer that would work too. Think Classic Accessories is willing to provide me with the specs? I bet not.

3D printer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw
[signature]
I don't have a Classic Acc, but I do use a short piece of clear vinyl tubing as an adapter to fill my Scadden Renegade. You have to find a piece that has an OD that fits in your valve and the inner diameter fits your pump end. You might could even use two pieces of hose -- a larger with a smaller inside it if you had to.

With most pumps (double action hand etc) you don't need to hold the valve flap open. The push of the air pressure will force it in.
[signature]
I think you are in luck. Outcast lists your valve type and they have an adaptor. Here is the link to their site and a pic of the adaptors that they sell.

[url "http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/products/accessories.aspx?cat=17&id=128"]http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/products/accessories.aspx?cat=17&id=128[/url]

[Image: Valve-Adapters.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks for the link...but how do you know it fits my pontoon? CA told me it was not a 'standad' valve so id be surprised if they carried them.

I was actually going to stop by outcast since I live nearby.

I called CA today and asked if they would share their specs with me. Waiting for a response.
[signature]
These are the names of the adaptors with their respective prices. Looking at the picture the names correspond starting with upper left moving clockwise.

Boston Valve Adapter 350-000130
$3.00
Bravo Ring Adapter350-000109
$7.00
Leafield Valve Adapter350-000150
$5.25
[#ff0000]Halkey Roberts 690-BV Adapter[/#ff0000]350-000160
$5.25
Summit Adapter350-000135
$5.25
Summit 2 Adapter350-000140
$5.25
Vinyl Tubing Adapter350-000125
$1.00

I have highlighted the one that should fit.

[Image: Valve-Adapters.jpg]
[signature]
When CA says not a standard valve it might mean not a standard valve that they use.
[signature]
Oh, I think you misread my post. It is not the roberts valve. But thanks for taking the time to try to help.
[signature]
Since you are going to stop by outcast I would recommend taking one of your bladders with you so you can see if one of their adaptors do fit then. I did misread your post I thought you said that it was a halkey valve. My bad.
[signature]
I would think that someone should sell the part you are looking for. I did a small search there are many other places to goto as well.

Here are some other adaptors:

Bucks Bags offers:
[Image: 200.gif]

Classic Accessories offer a repair kit:

[center][#800000][size 1]Size[/size][/#800000]
[center][size 1]SMALL[/size]
[center][size 1]MEDIUM[/size]
[center]LARGE
[center][#800000][size 1]Contents[/size][/#800000]
[center][Image: 32-004-021001-00.jpg]
[center][Image: 32-012-030501-00_FNL.jpg]
[Image: 32-005-040401-00.jpg]
[center][#800000][size 1]Fits[/size][/#800000]
[center][size 1]For Arrow, Cimarron, Madison and
Fremont pontoon boats[/size]
[center][size 1]For Delaware and Kenai pontoon boats[/size]
[center][size 1]For Colorado Colorado XT,
Skagit and Rogue
series pontoon boats[/size]
[center][#800000][size 1]Stock No[/size][/#800000]
[center][size 1]32-004-021001-00[/size]
[center][size 1]32-012-030501-00[/size]
[center][size 1]32-005-040401-00[/size]

And these are offered by the float tube store:

[url "javascript:popupWindow('http://www.thefloattubestore.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=244&zenid=ih60r98noi35gnlb3ij00t34g0')"][Image: Picture%20291.gif]
[/url]
[signature]
I would just look for a piece of Tubing. One that fits your pump and tight in the hole of your valve. Every tube/toon with the exception of the car tube in my Caddis, can be inflated with that little hose and a double action like C mentioned.
In fact, I have a bunch of those little hoses somewhere. Just don't need them anymore on new boats, which are Halkey and Bravo although the tube will work.
I am betting the I.D. of most valves is pretty close to the same.

Great reply with pictures and descriptions though Albino.
[signature]
Have you just tried to stick the end of the pump hose directly into the valve?
The last couple boats I've had I just stick the end of my LVM pump in and let it rip. Then top it off with a K-Pump. That has a tapered cone end that fits just about every valve out there.
If you have a double acting pump like cpierce mentioned, you can also wrap electrical tape arount the tip to make a custom seal. That's if the tip is smaller.
[signature]
Are you sure it is a different valve? I find it hard to believe that a manufacturer would change a valve just for a specific retailer that sold a few hundred boats. I would find someone with a XL or XT and ask them to send a close up picture of their adapter and valve.
And working as a lawn and garder technician for a major retailer I know what it's like to try to describe parts to "call takers" and get a straight and correct answer, ( Oh hold on, let me transfer you over to the technical assistance side)
Good luck on finding your adapter. [fishin]

http://www.classicaccessories.com/produc...=266&cid=3
[signature]
I can confirm they did change their valve between years, not just a specific retailer. The first Arrow Backpacker I got had the old style, same as what the OP is referring to. Later when I had to warranty my toon they sent me a new one that was the following year model. That included a relocation of the valve (from inside the pocket to outside and just in front of the pocket) and the use of a new valve. The older one was larger diameter though it worked in a very similar fashion (the insert and twist your adapter to lock it in). Due to the relocation of the valve use of a new bladder would not work with the older pontoon cover as well. I think the OP has similar issues with his colorado model with the valve relocation.

Part of the issue here is that classic accessories has outsourced the manufacturing of their products and the result of that is they really end up being just a distributor of imported boxed products vs knowledgeable vendors that can respond to a customer need in any meaningful way other then to send a full new replacement in box (presuming your under warranty). They offer a cheaper price in some situations but you might walk away saying I sure got what I paid for.
[signature]
Thank you all for your suggestions. I ended up using an old foot pump and tubing from a wet-vac and was able to get them inflated. I had to use the foot pump so I have two free hands to fit the tubing perfectly over the valve. But it worked and I'm headed fishing!

I agree with the last post...you get what you pay for. Next time I'll pass on Classic Accessories and spend a little more money.
[signature]
I am glad you were able to get something figured out. First adaptor I ever made was 11 years ago and out some PVC. I had to use a pocket knife to shape it at the time.
[signature]