Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIctures of DAV fishing event 2011
Started out early in the AM, where I put out a few directional signs on the highway so no one would miss the turn into Soldier Creek. Dawn was just breaking and we could see the fog on the water. Got a couple of pictures of BFTer's already launching, so when Geezer got the coffee going in front of the Loo's I dropped the tailgate on my truck to get the water and rods out for the vets soon to arrive.

Hectic beginning, like trying to herd cats, but the wife directed foot traffic and we all managed to get all of the disabled vets hooked up our boat captain's and they all got out on the water.

Soon after we heading up to the pavillion (thanks to Leisure America) and got the banners from BFT, Fish Tech, Cabela's and Les Schwab hung. Smokit (rippinlips and brother) arrived with his BBQ outfit (nice rig), and we got the lunch fixin's out and prepped. Thanks to all the BFTer's who helped with gathering, donating and preparing the lunch. Soon after 1 PM the boats came in and everyone started gathering for the food and giveaways. Thanks to all our sponsors and the hard work of Big Fish Tackle volunteers we got er' done. A good time was had by all...and everyone got fished and fed.

Here's some of the sponsors I remember off the top of my head. I hope I don't miss any, but much thanks to all.

Fish Tech
Cabela's
Les Schwab
Master Muffler
Colonial Flag
Leisure America
Inkley's
Stans Market
Harmons
Cookie Tree
Summit Ice
Smokit BBQ
Maniac Lures
Big Fish Tackle volunteers

Pictures to follow.

.[inline P8060049.JPG]
[signature]
Cliff, would you mind posting your pictures in the BFT Photo Gallery as well, we made a spot for all the pics everyone took at the event, it is called the 2011 DAV Event and here is the link below.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/show...hp/cat/779
If you and everyone else will post your pics there, we will have a better record of how the event grows over the next few years, thanks.
[signature]
I am all for looking at the pictures because I am sure it was AWESOME, but this click to look is not going to work. I have fast internet but this takes forever. Can you please just post the PICTURE.
[signature]
It works fine for me but there is no pics there yet so you won't see anything. I was trying to get Cliff to post his pics there but the problem is all of the pics posted there have to be resized so it takes some time to add them. 10 at a time can be uploaded if the pic is 750 KB or smaller. I posted some of my Pics on the DAV thread I started and need to resize them before I upload them to the Photo Gallery. You could also go up to Big Fish Fun above and it will give you a link to the Photo Gallery.
[signature]
I agree with FG, even with fast internet it still takes a while to open each picture at >2 meg each. Can't you simply resize them to 110-200kb each or include them "in" th post as you did the first picture and as FG suggested? When I post a pick to KSL classifieds, it automatically "resizes" the pic for you. This is what the BFT website needs.
[signature]
Photobucket resizes automatically also and it is free. That you just hit IMG and paste in the post...simple.
[signature]
I just tried to post the pictures [crazy] but I can't see if they got posted...
[signature]
I don't see them Cliff. The pics need to be 750 KB or smaller to up load easily but you have to hit the process button twice, the second process button is in case you want each picture to have a different title or short story. You don't have to add the additional message but you do have to hit the process button on two separate screens.
[signature]
I'm not sure what you mean..The old way of posting the pictures you could resize them now it doesn't...

You can move them if you want I have tried two times so not sure how it works..
[signature]