Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach camping
Took the wife and youngest daughter (older one is in Disneyland w/ G-ma & G-pa) to Willow Beach for a two night camp-out Monday through Wednesday.

We launched the boat Monday evening and headed off to our awesome camp spot. Spent the time fishing for spawning bluegill weighing up to a half pound, and actually caught a couple surprise LMB when I was fishing for trout. Brought the big gear but didnt get the chance to spend any time striper fishing.

When we were unloading the camp gear, the camera went in the drink. Found it about 20 minutes later...

Ended up catching more bluegill than I could count, all on artificials, with my UL setup and 4lb fluoro. It was a blast. I stayed with a little black feathered inline spinner from the 1930's most of the time, and it caught bluegill, trout and largemouth. I didnt know it until now, but I have a handful of them, and they are in very good condition. I wouldn't have fished with them if I had known they were so old. It is a Baby Weezel from the Weezel Bait Co. in Cincnnati.
[inline 351.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]Nice looking lures. I think I might be able to tie up some of those.Taking a trip to the sierras next month and they may have some potential.
[signature]
Is there shad in the river?
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]Nice looking lures. I think I might be able to tie up some of those.Taking a trip to the sierras next month and they may have some potential.[/quote]

I believe a couple dozen for me will suffice for September NevadaE!

Nice looking stuff Whizzle!
[signature]
[cool]We'll talk about it this weekend.
[signature]