Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telbone & TheWhizzle @ Willow Beach
Hit Willow Beach 8-17-11 in the middle of the night with Telbone. We did the typical Willow thing and, finally, at about 5:45am, Telbone hooks into his PB striper.

[inline MarkStriper.jpg]
A fat, healthy 7lber smacked his plug. Successful release.

Wanna know what he caught it on?

[inline ken-lure_lo.jpg]
A popper.
[signature]
God I love pencil pop'n! Congratulations!!!!
[signature]
Heya Guys,

Been awhile. This summer has been tough and hasn't left alot of time for fishing. I won't go into details.

I will say however that it was nice to catch a fish at willow beach. In the last 12 years I have probably fished Willow Beach at least once a year for it's big striper. I had yet to get so much as a strike even once when specifically targeting the "big guys".

When I saw my rod bending yesterday morning, as Whizzle and I trolled, it was really nice. It truly didn't matter what I caught to be honest, it was just nice to finally hook something. It turned out to be the bass in the above picture. Nice, fat and healthy. Both I and John commented on how healthy it looked. Anyhow, sorry we didn't get a better picture, but we wanted him back in the water as fast as possible.

To be honest though, the best part of the trip was hangin' out with our moderator. Even when the conversation isn't on fishing, he usually has interesting things to say.

Nice to see all of you again,
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish. Now I really got to get to Willow.
[signature]
Nice catch there Tel. Willow is a harsh mistress. Good to see you finally hooked into a nice one.
[signature]
Good work guys [cool]
[signature]