Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alexander yesterday night
Well i got my self a new rod and real its a pflueger set up was only 60 bucks for the rod and real just a cheapy... but its very nice so i had to go try it out and i took my dad to Alexander @ 7pm last night was pretty slow was getting tons of bites but I only caught 2 fish one small carp and a small cat... the pflueger performed flawlessly... however i got some 8lbs braid and i hate it for as hard as it is to tie a knot in the stuff it sure does knot up easy!!! any way I also got some of that gulp alive that comes in the small bottles there the crickets and that's what i got the cat on... man that stuff stinks i was opening the bottle and had the flash light in my mouth so i could see and have my hands free and i had to sneeze tried to hold it in but it didnt happen i sneezed went to catch the flashlight with the hand i had the gulp alive in and needless to say i reeked of the stuff the rest of the night... my dad caught a pretty nice carp i have one of them cheapo spring scales and it goes to 8lbs and it bottomed it out like it was nothing.. so we figured it was around 9lbs or so could be way off seems how them spring scales are very inaccurate.. it was a beat to heck carp too!!! the thing had a big ole green festering wounded on one side of its head and a big ole green festering wounded on the other side of its head figured it had been gotten with a arrow at one time in its life...i put it out of its misery though.. it was a nice night out the sky was super bright out.. and the stars were all visible.. may have been slow on the end of the pole but it was a good night and i got the stink off of the new rod...
[signature]
Congrats on the new rod and reel. It sounds like you broke it in right. Is Alexander still full, or is it starting to drop a little now?
[signature]
I got some gulp too and have been scared of it exactly because what happened to you. Going to happen to me soon with it I know. No luck for me so far but haven't tried it alot. Rod broke in now for you tho.
[signature]
[center]It is still very full! I forgot to mention i brought my flyrod out on this trip, trying to tangle into one that was skimming the top and it took the fly instantly but spit it just as fast.
the carp were every where still.. Is it just me or are the carp becoming more Ariel when caught? there like a regular acrobat now haha..
[/center]
[signature]
I just wished the cats where biGGGGER!!!!!
[signature]
they're there!!
Its hard to find them buggers now last year they were all over the place for some reason this year they are all very small... i have one other spot im going to try and see if they are over in it they will have to wait tell i get back to Idaho...
I am in big piney Wyoming right now don't know for how long i guess tell i decide to go home haha!!!
[signature]

Speaking of bills - Jeremy - sounds like you need one of these caps, then you can sneeze freely. I got one on sale at Big-5, then was lucky enough to be given a BFT iron on, so now it looks and acts cool!
That gulp juice is "spicy" indeed. Be sure to remove any leftover gulp baits from hooks too. When they dehydrate they shrink and turn hard as a rock! Thing I don't like is the lids don't seem to seal 'reel' tight. So my tackle bags are spicy too!

So you might have got the skunk off that new rod, but put the stink on it! haha.
I cleaned up this thread. Let's keep it to fishing please.

I will say this, at least Jeremy gives us fishing reports, unlike some who just come on here and glean the info and never contribute.

Keep up the good work Jeremy!!!![cool]
[signature]
I'll keep this civil. PM sent Bassin bob
[signature]