Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big float trip 15 miler.
Today was day one of the float. Thanks Smartweed (Phil) for the help. You were a ton of help. I wish I could have seen you on the river.
We started to fish after a ton of problems getting on the water. We took off and started our float.

[Image: 8-22-11A.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11D.jpg]

We were fishing idahoron style. We were targeting the larger more aggressive fish. We didn't catch anything until the water warmed up to about 73. When it got to 73 it was on.
I started it off with a cookie as TD calls them.

[Image: 8-22-11T.jpg]

Jacob followed that up with a pig that almost put a permanent bend in his rod.

[Image: 8-22-11I.jpg]

Then before I could answer back he nails another one.

[Image: 8-22-11K.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11P.jpg]

Then I went on a unanswered cat spree. I caught 8 that were nice fish.

[Image: 8-22-11V.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11Z.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11Z-3.jpg]

At one point I went over a deep spot. I hooked a BIG fish in that hole. It was the biggest fish I have ever had on that pole. I felt it shake it's head and roll. Then it just spooled me and kicked my a$$.
We kept 6 fish to get friends some fish. One thing I did notice is not all the fish have spawned. We caught two females that were still packing a belly full of eggs. We released the 5 biggest ones. It was a fun trip it was a little too long. We are going to do shorter trips on Wed and Fri. I will keep this trip updated. I hope as the week progresses. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like a great start to a potentially great week. Hope the rest of the week goes even better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]