Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Sites
Most likely been over asked. But...does anyone know of a good place for used/new motors suited for wrapping, drying, and finishing? I have found stores selling all the odds-n-ends needed for a rod building set up. It's entering differant variations of motor into a search engines and coming up with 8'er, auto, penny sized, and motors for industrial this and that.
[signature]
I was informed by another member here that a sewing machein motor would do the job nicely.

replace the foot petal with a dimmer switch.
[signature]
Would you know where to find one used? All the new ones I can find are 50-75$. And after rollers, structures, nuts and bolts the cost saved is really not worth the time spent. I could have bought a wrapper if I'd been paid minimum wage for the time I've looked a reasonably priced sewing motor.
[signature]
what you want to do is go garage sailing or rummage saling

there is still a couple weeks left debending where you are located. you will have to weigh your time against what you are trying to accomplish. if time is an issue then by all means you sould seek out one already made. if it is a hoby craft, Labor of love and you do not plan on putting it in to bussiness then a hand made one is the ticket.

If it takes me an hour to tie a fly then it takes an hour to tie a fly, if I had to buy that fly, I would have to go to work, then drive or order it from a catalog, eather way If it takes me an hour to tie a fly, it still takes an hour to tie a fly. still faster....

are you planning to make more than a hobby out of this?
[signature]
Nah, no more than a hobby. Just to give as gifts and to have that pole I have always wantted. Thanks for your sujestion.
[signature]
Cabela's has drying motors starting as low as $22.99. Jann's Netcraft drying motors start at $12.59. Netcraft also has a wrapping motor for $30.89
[signature]
[pirate]I cheat on the drying motor. I use the motor for a grill rotisie. You just have to rig something to connect the rod to the motor. I have a small wood base that holds the motor and just let the rod rotate on my rod wrappers v blocks. I usually put the apoxy on while the rod rotates slowly, and hit it with hot air from a hair drier to get rid of bubbles and make the apoxy even. Just check that the rod keeps turning during the drying stage. Sometimes my rod disconnects from the motor, and the apoxy pool on the bottom.
[signature]