Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me decide for tomorrow...
I'm taking a noob fisherman from work out tomorrow..

I haven"t fished Mantua in the midsummer, so I don't know where and what depths, etc to find them, but it is a panfish lake, so I bet we'd have a good time..

Last time I was at UL, a week ago, the water was an odd bright green, thick with algae, and we got skunked. I'd like really fire him up with a school of WB, but again, not confident in my knowledge of UL summer patterns, yet.. .... West shore, maybe?

DC might cough up a perch or two, but I don't know it either....,.and he wouldn't mind hooking a trout or two..

This time of year, I'm usually bowhunting, so it looks like I've turned into a real fisherman....
[signature]
I fished Saratoga last night. There were tons of bugs, and we got skunked. We cruised over by Pelican Point, I think its called. Tried different spots, on the way back to Pelican Bay, but nothing. I tried throwing small jigs and spinners for W bass, with no luck. We had two poles with minnows for cats as well. Hope this helps, but then again I'm kinda a noob myself so good luck wherever you decide.
[signature]
My thoughts are if you go to Mantua you may wished you put up with the grean algea at Utah Lake. The vegitation after July is just way too thick if you ask me.

I went to Utah Lake on Sunday and we did decent from the shore (motor broke down). We were also there the Sunday before last and had to deal with the green gunk. It was almost gone on the lake by 4 when we got off. We still ended up catching about 20 White Bass.

Oh and we were at Deer Creek last Sunday before we decided to hit up Utah Lake.
[signature]