Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all 007s
[cool][size 4]Hey Spy fishers,[/size]

[size 4]Does any one have this Dick Tracy watch?? If so how well does it work?[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=721;]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Dryrod, I believe we have batted that one around on a couple of previous threads. If I recall correctly, those who have tried them say they do what they are supposed to do, but they are probably not the best choice for a serious float tuber...if there is such a thing.

Cute idea, with some interesting potential applications.
[signature]
[cool][size 4]Hey TubeDude,[/size]

[size 4]I guess no subject is new. I just found rgreenland's tread on this subject. Saw this gismo at Wal-Mart for $89.00. Will wait until someone wants to know if I need another golf shirt for my birthday. Duh - I don't think so.[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Dryrod, we don't have any rules about rehashing old subjects here. There is always room for new slants and new opinions.

Actually, I think it is a heck of a concept. But, the question I usually ask myself (when I am still speaking to myself) is 'IF I HAD ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, AND NOTHING TO SPEND IT ON, WOULD I WANT TO HAVE THIS?" In the case of the wristwatch fishfinder I think I would elect to have something more compact and fewer moving parts...and with more real fish finding functions.

FORE.
[signature]
[size 2] I have had one for alittle while now. I works ok. If the water gets choppy or if the sensor is going under water to much it will reset.[/size]

[size 2] I had to try it because that's me but you would be better off spending another $80 and getting a more traditional FF[/size]

[size 2] [/size]
[signature]
[Image: default.htm][cool][size 4]Hey fishfather,[/size]

[size 4]Thanks for the feed back. Your input makes sense to me[/size].
[signature]
I think the concept is a good one, however I don't like the lack of pixels on the screen. If I had only 90 bucks to spend, I'd probably pick up the Cuda 128 or the Garmin 100. Just my 2 cents.[Smile]
[signature]
my friend has the model that has a mountable screen. The screen was also about 7 times bigger. It worked quite well when we tried it out at Huntington Harbor. It told us where the fish were and we casted there and caught them. As someone else mentioned it does reset itself after getting pushed around by waves.
[signature]