Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kabenung lake (wawa ont)
Looking for info on fishing in Kabenung lake (Normandy lodge)
[signature]
if your going for walleye, pike, trout, salmon, you are going to the right place..

Kabenung lake is a good hour and a half drive from Wawa lake where one of the main camps of normandy.

I have met a few of the represintitives from them some years ago.

you will be down wind of lake superior so I would venture out that way in november or december.

this dosnt mean storms can reek havoc on you any other time of year.

if you take a biplain from wawa, and a storm comes up on you, you may loose your equipment, so rental of their equipment is highly suggested from me, My dad made that trip 40 years ago with 3 other buds.

a storm came up on them, there is no emergency food rations in the fly in camps. pack your own on top of food for every day you plan on being there. NO GAURENTEE YOU WILL CATCH FISH... that being said, they caught a break in the storm 4 days past the fish trip end, they finished off the food they packed in and the fish they caught and for three days no food.

when the break came, they had to leave every thing behind rods tackle boxes everything but what they were wearing....

Would my dad make that same trip again? absolutly, just not with the same guys he went with. and he would deffenantly rent equipment insted of taking his own and he would pack emergency army rations...

remember you will need a passport to come back to the US of A.

Like I said earlier, I met the reps some 10 years ago, and the gal was a sweetheart.. and knew her stuff. that includes the hunting aspects too...

If I had the chance to go, I would... [cool]
[signature]
I should mention, my dad did make that trip again a couple years later, and came home with 4 - 40 inch northern pike.. they et the walleye while they were there..
[signature]
19 miles from wawa to kabenung lake
[signature]
there are two lakes right there with that name.
23 miles as the crow flies and 27 to 30 miles by way of Trans Canada Hiway. that is from the airport.

West Kabenung lake is a little closer by way of crow,

What realy matters is where you are going on the lake. lots of ups and down and arounds to your destination

my dad was at one of the cabins on one of the islands. so they flew in. That was forty years ago, so there is no telling what they have now.
[signature]