Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slug-o lure
I was watching Charlie Moore Mad fisherman, he was using a slug-o can someone explain what this is, where you can get it, and how to work it? if i am not mistaken he was using it topwater, or did i see it wrong? I heard its a nice classic lure and might look into getting one
[signature]
[Image: slug_on_texposer.gif]
Here's a sluggo. I use them for striper's on the big salty. I would rather use a popper or luckys sammy for top water. You just walk it over the top of the water with some pauses. I make my own.
[signature]
I'll use slugs for a topwater in heavy mats or reeds that are lying down. Virtually weedless, I love 'em!
[signature]
Never tried it on mats. I usually throw a lizard,frog or worm. May have to try it. More stuff in the box. [Wink]
[signature]
Where can i buy these lures?
[signature]
I can't remember the last time I actually saw a Slug-o on the shelf at a store. They're a pretty old, classic soft plastic bait, however, I'm pretty positive that they are still in production. You should be able to buy some on-line at any number of tackle dealers, such as www.tacklewarehouse.com
[signature]
Yea i havent either i still need to look around online
[signature]
They use them alot in saltwater. Look under that section of the store.
[signature]
I have always liked Slugos for bass.

They are still available at my local tackle store. I'm sure you can find them online easily.

I use them as a jerkbait. Rigged weedless, you use a jerk...stop...jerk...stop motion. Give it a good pause between jerks. The bait suspends in the water column, and darts around when jerked.

good luck
[signature]
yea havent got to looking around yet..but i will soon.
[signature]