Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey all Just wanted to introduce myself right quick. My name is David I am a retired disabled Vet. I love fishing and am moving to Missouri the first of Sept. I love any kind of fishin and plan on being on the water as much as possible. I am moving from Nevada where there is one primary body of water and mostly striper,cat fish and large and small mouth bass fished. I am really looking forward to trying many different species and the many different lakes in the state.

We will be staying in the Grandview area until I can find a place in Lees Summit area.

Any info hot spots and techniques you would like to share will be greatly appreciated. I have for now a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 15HP evinrude. Kind of a put put but it keeps my feet dry and starts eventually.
[signature]
Lots of great lakes in the area that will fit your boat just fine. Lake Jacomo (they might still have a 9.9hp limit though, worth a check) has great crappie and largemouth, Longview adds walleye, Blue Springs Lake has wipers. Google maps plus a float tube and some time talking to landowners east of you along 50 highway can get you in some INCREDIBLE farm pond fishing, as will doing some web based research on Missouri Department of Conservation lakes. Actually, a 14' boat will be a little scary on lakes like Lake of the Ozarks and Truman, BUT, Truman in the timber, it's perfect, AWESOME crappie and bass in THAT lake.
[signature]