Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)
Fished Cisco Beach on Sunday and the fishing was slow. I was able to net two around 2-3 lbs. The first one caught was on a Shad Rap. The second was on a Smithwick Rattllin' Rogue. This is a lure I originally got for Willard. I was quite surprised to see it was a mac. I was expecting a cutthroat or rainbow. Trolled as slow as the possible around 55-65 feet
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, IN. Sounds pretty much like Saturday. At least you landed a few. It should only start getting better.[/size][/font]
[signature]
It's funny I keep hearing about Rainbows in the Bear. I have fished it over 100 times and have yet to see a Rainbow. Are there really that many in there?
[signature]
We used to catch them all the time in the mid 80s on the east side!!I dont think I have cought one in 10-15 yrs!!M.Hh
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I heard about a fairly large one caught 2 years ago off the rockpile through the ice on power bait. I believe it was said to be around 9-10 lbs. I think Pugstone's told me the story.[/size][/font]
[signature]
The first time I caught one I didn't know what it was until we got to shore and some locals told us it was a rainbow. Because of the uniqueness of the water in the Bear the rainbows are without the typical stripe down the side. But then again I may be wrong.
[signature]