Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 8-27
wife and kids out at girl scout camp gave me a couple hours to go pick a fight with some fish. so I went up to DC. charleston day use are in the tube. got in the water about 11am nice calm sunny weather (weird [crazy]) no W just nice weather. started kickin towards the river inlet along weed edges. right off the bat caught a couple smallies nothing big but fun, they still swim. then I found a school of perch, lost count of how many hits I had, caught 6 let one go to grow. have 5 "unzipped" waiting for a good xcuse to fry them up.

left about 1:30 had to work. never made it, radiator blew cracked housing and decided to over heat my truck. bummer. replaced radiator sunday morning. not too bad after you figure out the stupid quick clips on the oil/trans cooler lines.

any way, good few hours of catching and playing. I wondered about it with the full sunshine and heat that day... turns out didnt matter.

I was using a green lil hustler jig, 1/8th oz i think, small anyway with the yellowish tentacles on the end and a pinch of crawler to, as TD would say, sweeten the deal.

good luck all. I am trying to make a longer visit up there this coming Sunday the 4th of sept if anyone wants to hook up, shoot me a PM, I hail out of SLC.
[signature]
Was in that same area on Saturday, caught more keepers when I started using Perch meat. Fishing up against the weeds and brush.
[signature]
Nice! Thanks for the detailed report. I have not been to DC this year. Been years since I have and my success was only on the smallies and the perch. Maybe it is time to give it another go soon? Enjoy the perch fillets.
[signature]
nice report thanks .. did u see what the water temp i am going to try and make it up that way on sun as well [fishin] i will be in old float tube . my 7 year old boy in his tube tied to me. and my 11 year old girl will be close by in her tube . kick over and say hi if ya see us most likely ya cant miss us it looks a lot like a train wreck . but i wll say this every time i put the kids in the tubes with dad they love it.
[signature]
I was the guy in the green and flo. orange tube right near the day area. were you one of the two guys that went towards the river channel through the weeds? or there was a guy with a gal on a small boat fishing up a way towards the bridge.
[signature]
my kids really love to go out also. its just good family fun to have. I will be up there in a trout trap green and orange tube, If i can I will say hello to ya. I think this time I will head down toward the highway from the day use area, alot of fishy looking weeds and such that way too!!
[signature]