Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua fish wack
Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth,, god job on the catch, [frown] as tournemt fisherman most of the time I would go nuts over somebodey keeping a bass.. but that lake can stand to have a few taken out ,,if you get a biggun... take some photos and let her go they are the ones that keep the good fishin goin again ,,,,good job again
\ been lookin for the bulls all summer fyi,,,..,,;; pv
[signature]
I think this post belongs on one of the threads (not an individual post)....I foresee this one getting moved.
[signature]
its just a response to an overloaded therad,,,no harm no foul bro
[signature]
It has not been locked yet so go ahead and take your turn at bashing the twins.....while praising Marinespear. I checked and as long as the fish are caught legally, and no laws are broken there should be no reason for bashing. Guess some of you on BFT prefer the CPR method and wish the rest of the fisherman would follow suit. Too bad and....BO HOO to all of you! I LOVE the taste of fish and you "tournament" fisherman have NO right to tell off others who keep their catch. Do you go out and ridicule all the other non-BFT'ers that catch and keep fish on "your lake". Just so you know I am currently as in right now....grilling up some Mantua fish...can you smell it? This may come off as too inflammatory but I am sick of you CPR fisherman bitching about the catch and keep rates. Get over it guys.
[signature]
wow the twins true colors out.
you boys do not have near the passion or the respect for the sport as any tourny guys little toe. lol Zman your post just got turned into a walmart photo post with these clowns. As far as BoooHoo thats you boys only.
simmer down evil haha. I wish everyone would release bass over 14 inches but you have every right as long as you're legal to keep a biggun. but I do have a question about tournament bass fishing here in UT. so when ya get back to the dock and do the weigh ins, do you go back and release the fish where you caught them or just dump them all back right at the dock? or do you take a photo with a picture of the bass and the scale reading at the area you caught them and release them right then and there?
[signature]
good ? Utahgolf, this just depends on the tourny. some are done on paper, this way we can fish waters with regs that will not let you weigh fish. so the fish is measured with a draw partner and he or she measures it and records the lenght, and the fish is released. On bigger tourny's we use a release boat that will take the bass away from the marina and release them in the main lake. and some smaller ones the anglers just bring them in and then haul them back out.
I was just always curious. wondered if anyone got upset at tourny guys for taking bass out of "their" honey holes and being released across the lake somewhere. I did hear about a tourny guy catching bass before a tournament all around the lake and releasing them in a certain area. I guess trying to stock pile it. people get serious about it I guess. I love watching bassmasters, if I had a bass boat I'd prob get into it enough to want to do tournaments as well. bass fishing to me feels like hunting. but ya get to release them [Smile] I only use to fish to kill time until hunting season. just another expensive hobby to burn money on!
[signature]
yea the good ol stock pile trick. lol it might hold a few left overs, but most people would be amazed at how far fish move every day. some move miles, up and down lookin for grub. Plus there are ways you could fish a tourny as a coangler good way to check it out. Also a good way to learn. show up with your gear split the gas with your draw and hang out with some cool dudes.
Oh I have the passion...and even some respect...however I have ZERO respect for people who cry about catch rates. Too bad if you don't like the mantua fish wack. If you don't like it than why don't you bring it up with the DWR instead of bashing our posts. I guess our posts will come with a box of klenax's in the future. Sorry for keeping YOUR fish. I think you watchthis1 have forgotten that fishing is a predatory act. I hope I catch the record...cuz it is going straight to the dinner table.
[signature]
nope wrong again. Thats why some people chase trophys not yearlings. I hunt the big ones, the ones that will take you a decade, with your attitude, to figure out. you dont know much about the sport yet you are very green to this. there are alot of people that could help the learning curve. But you boys are always right! Did you know that not all smallmouth have red eyes. think before you respond to that one lol.[pirate]
by the way their crazy twins, alot of us older guys and gals, have been fishin before you were sh!tin yellow.lol[shocked]
You use hooks right....then it is a predatory act....you and your responses are a waste of space....P.S..just ate my LMB....man was it tasty with some of the salt from your tears. I'll be back "harassen" the bass later this week so get your tissues ready k.
[signature]
Since this thread is about Mantua, does anyone know if a state parks pass will keep me from having to pay the parking fee there? or is Mantua parking fee just the cities way of making money?
[signature]
There is no parking fee....just a launch fee. If you use the boat ramp to launch then you must pay $5. That fee really reduced the ski boat traffic.
[signature]

[quote watchthis1]by the way their crazy twins, alot of us older guys and gals, have been fishin before you were sh!tin yellow.lol[shocked][/quote]

Why don't I use one of your one liners on this one...."you just lost some serious respect.....why are you being so defensive?"
[signature]
So you are saying that a State Parks pass is no good there, right?
[signature]

[quote wiperhunter2] So you are saying that a State Parks pass is no good there, right?[/quote]

Not for the lauch fee....but you can still park for free.
[signature]
wiperhunter, nope that will not work, brigham wants your cash.
twin yes you are correct, you can shoot fish out of a barrel. but my point is that is all you have. trophys for you will be lucky and not many you lack the skills. so if fish were people you would be killin the children not the tweens that you should be targeting.lol[shocked]
nope not one of my lines. dang wrong again youngster.