Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Trip to the Jordan River 9-10

Inspired by a previous post about some White Bass catching on the Jordan I thought I'd give that overlooked river in the middle of SLC a 1st attempt. Started late this afternoon on 5300 South and fished the eddies along the river. All I got were some ducks to chase my spinning gear so I kept walking...fishing....and walking...fishing followed by more walking. After a mile or two I found a slow moving canal and gave it a try. Saw a large Carp fly in the air and so I figured since there is life....I will stay and see how I do. Within 20 casts I saw a huge swirl behind my spinner..then a flash of white and bam...the 1st white bass of the day. I was walking up the bank to take a pic and he jumped off and went back into the river! Determined I stood my ground and kept fishing. Ended up catching 8 White Bass total and released 4 involuntarily due to my messed up knee and a very steep river bank. The biggest was around 12 inches...most averaged around 10 inches. There were plenty of small bass, as in 2 inches, that bit my lure but they were not egar enough to get hooked. Once it got dark I called it quits....and every biker/walker on the way back to the car just had to comment on the bass in my net. One of them called my catch "Jordan River Bass". I told him that I have heard the name Silver Bass before but never Jordan River Bass. All day long I fished with a Roostertail Gold Blade, Green Body, with Yellow feathers spinner (size 1/8) tipped with a nightcrawler. Overall it was nothing like the bass spawn at Utah Lake but it was nice to catch some white bass closer to my house.

One of the White Bass caught and captured today.
[Image: 745183.JPG]

The Biggest White Bass of the day...a whole 12 inches.
[Image: 745185.JPG]

The days Catch that was not able to escape down the bank.
[Image: 745184.JPG]
[signature]
nice fish!!! wow your hair is crazy reminds me of that commercial where the guy dives off of a rock and comes out with fish stuck to his spikes lol!!! sounds like a good day on the water though!!
[signature]
Thanks....I hear those White Bass reach 18 inches in Utah Lake. I went through 100's of em and the biggest was 13. As for my hair...ya it is crazy...I used to look like a hippy...now I just look like a punk. I have heard that my hair style resembles "syndrome" from the incredibles and/or something about marry[Smile]. Some say flock of seagulls but that style was kinda different. All and all my hair is making the best out of a bad situation. Overall tho it was a good day out on the water....never thought I'd say that about the Jordan.
[signature]