Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy Damn/ Manistee river
Ok you guys have talked me in to it I am going to go fish the Manistee River but I need some info. When is the best time to go for kings and yes I know it is hard to tell! But when abouts is the peak time. Where can I stay I would like to camp it out and not have to drive far for it. Any and all info will be taken on it If I can I will fish the whole river but I would like to be able to wade in because no boat. Please help?
[signature]
here is the info you are seeking.
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]you can google earth the address for directions[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]this is one block south of where you will fish, walk down the stairs from the parking lot, [/size]

[url "http://maps.google.com/places/us/mi/wellston/old-house-road/17974/-tippy-dam-road-cabins-&-campground?cid=12922630342856802872&fb=1&hl=en&gl=us"]Tippy Dam Road Cabins & Campground[/url]

17974 Old House Road
Wellston, MI 49689, United States
+1 231-848-4448
[signature]
The best time to go is any time between now and the end of october.

I like after october 1st, only because many of the guys who would tend to be there will be gone deer hunting.

I would say any time after this cold snap this week will get them comming up the river everywhere.
[signature]
I talked to a guy over the weekend that lives up that way.

He didn't have any luck but he did say that there was some fish in the river. 4 guys fishing for 8 hours and they had 3 fish on, one landed. So in short it's early yet but I would imagine with the rain and temperatures we are suppose to be getting next week that it won't be long.

Assuming I stick the 7 point that has been cruising past my blind on opening day bow, the wifie and I will be up there at Tippy 14-15 October. Should be in full run by then.

If your there look us up. We always wear red white n blue flag ball caps while wading (makes it easier for us to spot each other LOL)
[signature]
I would luv to be there, but unless I hit the lotto for a couple bucks, I dont see my self showing up.

but if things start to look like I can make it I will send you a pm, that is the time I like to be there as well.
[signature]
I will be up there the 7-8-9 of October are there any baitshops up there just incase I need something and is there anywhere to eat up there.

Here are some fish i caught in Allegan on Wedensday
[signature]
if your going in from 55 side,

there is one on the left just before you get to tippy dam road.

there is one on the right just past tippy dam road.

there is the gas station on the left at the entersection just past tippy dam road.

"directions are if you are headed west on 55"

now on the north side of the dam, 'coates hiway' there are two tackle shops west of the dam road both on the left hand side. if you are going west.

no shortages of tackle in this section of the woods. [cool]
[signature]
Buddy of mine just went up there. Said you could practically reach down into the water and just grab one.

He said to watch your step if your going down the stairs on the south side... lots of roe makin the trip pretty slippery.
[signature]
I would like to take this opertunity to that you guys For all of the information that you gave me it was very helpful!

I would also like to say thanks for turning me on to the fishing up there! I had a blast the fishing was awsome the campground was nice and the weather was perfect for fishing. Needless to say I will be going back. I never did venture down those steps though they where just crazy!

I put some pictures that I took while I was up there this past weekend under my albums so if you get the chance stop by and take a look.

Thanks again
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/783"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/783[/url]
[signature]
congrats on your harvest.

fished that deap hole right behind you at that step where the photo was taken.

thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to look around while you were there. I imagin you did not try the saw dust hole.. You need to pack a lunch to make your way down to that hole.[laugh]
[signature]
Never even heard of it while I was up there! but it would have been nice to try somewhere else. I like to move around a bit when I fish that way I get to know the whole river. But I had a lot of fun where I was Alot of hook ups there and got to land about 12 fish. It was a blast
[signature]
you were on the south side of the river.

when you were up at the dam, if you could have gone across it and went 2 miles north.

actualy, you were fishing not to far from it, you were only half mile down river.
[signature]