Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sons of Anarchy: The primitive aftertaste
Overall a great new series filled with a raw edginess that I couldn't get enough of.
The show first aired on Fox's FX cable channel in fall of 2008. Fox had been airing trailers all over the cable world attempting to drum up interest in the new series. However, the trailers they aired showed nothing of the series, making it impossible to tell what the series was about. So of course I had to tune in to find out. And I was pleasantly, sometimes overwhelmingly surprised at how good the show was.
The gang is headed by Clay (actor Ron Perlman and star of the movie `Hellboy') with strong influence from the next biker generation, Jax , who is the son of the co-founder of the gang. Jax's mom, Gemma (actress Katey Sagal formerly of the well known `Married with Children' TV series), is also the old lady to Clay and plays a vital sometimes brutal role in the gang. And then to make things interesting, they throw in Jax's ex-girlfriend, Tara, formerly part of the gang, who is now a doctor at the local hospital.
Outstanding variety of characters, excellent casting all around, great story and subplots that add even more drama to the dramatic, and just some laugh out loud or downright crazy stuff that happens in each episode. I was blown away with Jax, as a character . because of the depth and conflicted duality he seemed to contain just below the surface that keep me riveted to the screen. And I was floored by Gemma, she was just so awesome, like a mother bear protecting her cubs. The one flaw of the show, for me, and it's a small one since the show doesn't have a lot of it, were the sex scenes with Jax and the female partners . They just didn't feel 'real' to me. They seemed very awkward, like it was actors trying to create a sex scene for the characters.
[signature]