Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braided lines and level wind reels
I have a questions for the veteran fishermen who use level wind reels. I have been using braided lines for my spinning outfit for Wiper lately, and it is great stuff!
(Power Pro Spectra 20lb) Before I load my level wind reel with it though I would like to ask if its any good for casting? At $12.00 for 150 yards thought it better to ask first.
Is there an other line that would give me the strength to diameter ratio braid does that cast better?
[signature]
I've cast 30 lb power pro with my calcuttas. Works good for accuracy and casting around cover. Distance was not better than mono. In fact, I can cast mono further on a bait caster, but I use my bait caster for accuracy, not distance. I like the larger diameter of the 30lb.
[signature]
I think braid works great, only problem I get is after all day casting my thumb gets like a rope burn from the line. I use 30-50lb braid in mine all the time...
[signature]
i like to put some mono on underneath just put like 100 yards of braid on top.. i can cast a hell of alot farther and more importantly i can feel every little thing with braid as compared to mono
[signature]