Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine Island Sound
I hope everyone had a good holiday. I have been very busy for the last two weeks, trying to play Santa and fishing is like having a real job. The best part about The last two weeks is that the fishing has picked up. There were several days where I was picking up anywhere from 5 – 20 Reds off of one flat! The Flat will remain nameless, and you will be blind folded on the ride there. All of my fishing is now with either plastics or on the fly. When fishing artificials correctly it allows us to cover more water than bait fishing and find out if the fish are there quickerOn this one flat, I had a boat anchored in a hole just off the mangroves. They were fishing the hole with white bait. My guests and I made several floats (over the flat) and landed at least 10 Reds and lost several others. The other boat never had a bent rod. I was very surprised that they did not start working artificials. After they idled away from their hole, I poled over to it to set up for a float over it. About 50 yards after the hole (up on the flat) we found more Redfish. The point here is to remember that the fish, even on high tide are not always up in the mangroves and the holes near the bank. If you are not seeing the fish in the mangroves, try moving out on the flats. If you have a good wind, set up and try several floats until you find the fish.<br><br><br>http://www.flyfish-florida.com