Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abu garcia 5601C4
I bought an Abu Garcia 5601C4 reel for fishing musky and pike. This reel has given me a lot of troubles. it seems to be the plastic gear that drives the line leveling portion. Its the only plastic gear under the cover on the opposite side of the handle. its like the gear gets off track or something. if i take the cover off, pull the gear out and reassemble it it works for about 30-40 casts and i have to do it again. i've gone through 4 reels now. has anyone ever had this issue and is there a fix for it?
[signature]
I never had one of those reels but i was thinking about buying one. Now im gonna stay away from it. I was looking at the bass pro shops muskie angler reel. It seems like a decent reel for 100 bucks. ever use one of them???
[signature]
I've never used the bass pro shops reel. A lot of them store brand rods and reels are actually made by big name manufacturers. They just print the store's name on it. Don't let my issues steer you away from an Abu Garcia. Abu makes a good product. I know a lot of people with the 5601 reel and never had an issue with it. I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what the heck is going on.
[signature]