Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite spot to fish in OC or LA Counties?
[size 2]Mine is simple. Anahiem Bay/Huntington Harbor. I have fished there for years and always caught fish.[/size]

[size 2] I know there's alot of other spots. Let's hear them![Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool][size 4]Hey fishfather,[/size]

[size 4]Living in OC, Irvine Lake is my favorite since it is only 20 minutes from Yorba Linda[/size].
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=756;]
[signature]
[size 2]How's Irvine hitting? Getting ready for trout in another month right? I have not been out there in awhile. Might need to make another trip out there soon.[cool][/size]
[signature]
[cool]It has been awhile, but when I lived in OC, I spent a lot of time in Newport Bay. Depending on tides and seasons, I fished the back bay, around docks and points or even in the flats where the jetties begin back to the "firestation". Lots of bay bass and 'butts. Back in the upper bay, there were some pretty decent catches of spotfin and yellowfin croakers too. And lots of sharks and rays to play with when the more desirable species were in short supply.
[signature]
[cool] One of my favorite spots, if you haven't already noticed, is Castaic. There are supposed to be trout in the Lagoon but I've only caught 1 in the last 7 yrs. There are plenty of blue gills, red ear sunfish, LMB and I heard that there are channel cats as well. It's only 30 minutes from my house and there is plenty of shoreline access as well as two docks. Oh and I almost forgot (yeah right) they do allow float tubing, kayaks, and bass boats with very small motors.
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Hey fishfather,[/size]

[size 2]Haven't been out to Irvine Lake for a couple of months.[unsure] Don't care to fish when the temperature is in the 90's or 100's. Hope to get out soon now that the temps are starting to drop.[/size]

[size 2][/size]
[signature]
[size 2]That's what I love about that area. I fish it year round. When it's cold I am still hitting Halibut, Croakers and Sharks and when it's warm I am hitting Bass and Perch sometimes, not alot.[cool][/size]

[size 2][/size]
[signature]
last time I went to castiac I caught I nice sized trout, about 2 lbs. I think it was lucky to get that big with all the bass in there. I went about 4 months ago.
[signature]
There hasn't been much lately. It's been mostly LMB and gills for me. I would like to get a nice bow or two.
[signature]
[size 2]Fishing when it's hot is great[cool] Man I love it. Sunshine, Sunburn and cool water. I went out once and it was so hot I slide out of my tube and took a dip.[/size]

[size 2] I don't use waders but I do where swim trunks so I dry pretty quick. Anchor my pontoon, take alittle dip, then back to work![Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Over here in Arizona we fish "wet" from about mid April to mid October. When the water cools down enough to put the waders back on, the fishing usually picks up in the fall.

During the hottest months of summer, it is not unusual to launch in water near the 90 degree mark. Down in the Sea of Cortez, we float tubed and skin dived in water that had to be well over 90 in the coves.

Then, again, I have tubed (with waders) water that was forming skim ice in the early winter and right after iceout in the spring. A leak in your waders during those times can be life threatening. At least it can leave you singing soprano.
[signature]