Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mashapaug ramp closure
Mashapaug ramp closure
[indent][font "&quot"]P R E S S R E L E A S E[/font]

[center][center]Connecticut DEEP to Temporarily Close Mashapaug Pond State Boat Launch at Bigelow Hollow State Park, Union[/center][/center]
[center][center]Northern access within the Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union to replace a culvert on the main access road is also closed[/center][/center]
[center][center]Alternative Public Boat Launches Available[/center][/center]

The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) will be temporarily closing the Mashapaug Pond State Boat Launch at Bigelow Hollow State Park in Uniondue to necessary repairs to the access road. Northern access within the Park will also be closed to replace a culvert on the main access road. The closure will remainin effect from October 3, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
The repairsinclude replacing a deteriorated corrugated metal pipe that crosses the access road to the Mashapaug Boat Launch at the northern end of the Park with a precast concrete box culvert[red].[/red]
While the construction is taking place, the public can continue to use the Bigelow Pond State Boat Launch, (trailered launch, not car top) located within Bigelow Hollow State Park, and the southern portion of Bigelow Hollow State Park. The public can also utilize the following boat launches in the area: Black Pond in Woodstock, Crystal Lake, Ellington, or West Thompson Lake in Thompson. For additional state owned boat launches see the CT Boater’s Guide or select the following ling, Locate A State Boat Launch, on the DEEP’s website: [url "http://www.ctgov/dep/boating"][#3f3927]www.ctgov/dep/boating[/#3f3927][/url]. [/indent]
[signature]
I got excited for a minute. Thought they might be fixing a ramp. Foolish me.

I did hear a rumor that they might pave Candlewood's south end launch. We'll see.
[signature]