Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berries I use to catch carp
I just noticed more berries growing on the Ficus trees around the lake,this pic was from the last season.Carp love these,they sit there and eat all day.Also turtles eat them.I've even tried them.I caught two on that day,a 13 lber,and this 18lber,caught off my boat using 4lb fireline,my small hook and three berries,my small hook allows my berries to float.As they feed I cast on top of them,I sometimes use 6lb,in suffix or fireline,but fish were a little spooky.I caught these finally on my 3rd day trying. Hook is an eagle claw baitholder size 8 in chrome,or size 6?
[signature]
Way to match the hatch. You'd make a good fly fisherman if you aren't already.
Just don't eat too many of those berries as they're mildly poisonous.
http://uuhsc.utah.edu/poison/plants/inde...lant_id=41
I know this is off topic but any idea if the saltwater fishing has recovered in the Everglades since the Jan 2010 cold snap?
[signature]
Thanks for the berry info,I always thought about making a brew out of them,better not[Wink].I do fiddle with my flyrod,just started a year ago,maybe I'll look for "berry" flys.I just got back from the bay,caught a 13" snapper today on top water,only area we fish is miami cutler bay area.Alfred wants to fly up to Louisiana for some redfish. I caught a small trout as well today,and almost hooked a bonefish today on a topwater lure,first time I seen them tailing here,one time I caught one casting a lure.Seen some reds also,it was nice to see a 5 foot crok that lives in the canal on the way back with the spotlight.Today was the first test in the bay for my gamefisher 1.75,motor,it was bought new 25 years ago, hardly used then stored away in the attic.Motor is like new runs great,at first prop was stuck,and a bearing from the head was sqeeking bad,it fixed its self to say the least.After the cold spell,we found a dead Python at the glades floating upside down,all the Oscars died,and the Lukinani,only glades fishing I've done is freshwater,Haven't made the drive up yet. I already had asked for a refund on this motor,but it fixed its self,today would be its third time out,still breaking her in.I hope they don't expect me to ship it back.[mad]
[signature]
Glad to hear the crocs are doing OK. The huge croc that hung out at Flamingo died in that 2010 cold snap. Didn't see a single croc last winter in the glades. Hey do you ever use a rattlesnake fly/ lure down there? Flygoddes put up a post for you
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
but I'm not sure you ever saw it.
[signature]