Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bow Opener
Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow morning. Be sure to use a harness if your going to be in a tree stand.

After 3 straight days of rain the weather man if forecasting a crisp morning in the high 30's so be sure to dress warm.

I'll be out there hoping that this guy that went past my field cam shows back up in the daylight hours.

[inline "sept 25 5.JPG"]
[signature]
not to interupt with your hunt, now you have to share about the game cam your using.
[signature]
Opening day bow--- I walked in at 6:30 and spooked something cuz i heard a lot of snorting and then something bounding off through the bean field (cam showed 2 does there at 6:07 so i'm guessing it was them)

About an hour later I saw 2 does and 1 small buck in the other field about 150 yards away. I was staring away through the binoculars when all of a sudden I heard crashing through the trees. I didn't know it but a couple of turkeys were roosted 2 trees over from me and decided to take off when i started moving around fumbling with the binoculars)

The rest of the morning was uneventful....

Evening hunt was fun. I had a small 5 point come out of the soybean field and got within 20 yards of me. Didn't have a really good shot as he was walking towards me almost the entire time. He stopped... did the head bob thing for a bit then bounced back into the bean field. Not sure if he saw me, finally winded me or what. But it was fun to see him up close. Hopefully he will make it through the year and be an eight next year.

I absolutely LOVE the trail cameras. It has made a world of difference. I have two of them set up (makes it easier to see which direction and what time they are moving). I'd tell you the brand make and model but honestly i don't really know. (I"ll look). They were on sale at bassproshop.com for $89.00 each so i picked a couple of them up. It's infared and only takes pics no video. Basic camera that shows date time and temp on the pic. I really like them. I've gotten great results with them. Have night time pics with deer 30 yards out and clear as can be. Can't say enough good things about them. Kinda makes me wonder how i hunted before them LOL.

I'll get you guys the make and model. Like I said, it's basic camera and not real expensive but they work great !!!
[signature]
[url "http://www.basspro.com/Wildgame-Innovations-Red-6-Infrared-Digital-Scouting-Camera/product/10211930/64512"]http://www.basspro.com/Wildgame-Innovations-Red-6-Infrared-Digital-Scouting-Camera/product/10211930/64512[/url]

They were on sale for $69.00 when I got them. That was in store not online.

Really like them.
[signature]
I was impressed with the quality of the photo. that was why I had asked,

that was a real good bargan. even reg price dosnt seem to be to outragious.

dose that have a flash like a regular camera that will spook the deer?
[signature]
No there isn't any flash but the camera does have some LEDs that light up amber in color for a second and it does make a small click sound. Which is prob why the first few pics all seem to have the deer looking at the camera but doesn't seem to bother them any as the next picture shows them with their head back on the ground feeding.

My father in law has a trail cam that he is going to put up this week so we will get a comparison on quality and number of pics.
[signature]
great, will look forward to the comparison.

I got three lookers yesterday. two doe and a 12 inch y fork 4point.

60 yards out, deffenantly out of my range. "broken sholder" they looked right at me yet had no fear of me. they kept grazing and looking at me.. Deffenantly 2 year olds.

They came in just before dusk and hung around for a good 20 min. I would have taken any one of them if the shot would have came up, "Freezer stock" they all looked to be 175lb or better.
[signature]