Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 10/1
Fished for a couple of days. Fishing was pretty slow but started to get bites on saturday & caught a couple of small Lakers. My first time out there Jigging for macs. I think I might be addicted & I have not even caught a big one yet.
[signature]
That is one pretty looking Mac....great colors to say the least. Have fun dining on that guy...they taste great grilled or smoked! Thanks for your report.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report and pics Swerv. Nice color on that mack, I guess they are in their fall spawning colors now. How big was it?
WH2
[signature]
It was 23 inches long. I didnt have a scale to weigh it. We caught a few around this size. This was one was the fattest and had the prettiest colors. Another person we were fishing with caught a couple bigger ones after we left. I did have a bigger one come off at the boat & also missed alot of bites. Good times !
[signature]
Lots of those smaller macks in the Gorge, when we target them in the winter, I always take a few home. The DNR have ask fishermen to take as many of them as the limit allows because there are too many of them in the lake right now. That is one of the reasons they raised the limit on them a few years back.
WH2
[signature]
I took 4 home and they tasted great ! They provided some fat filets !
[signature]
[quote SWERV]I took 4 home and they tasted great ! They provided some fat filets ![/quote]

I bet they tasted good! Nice work and great colors on that "Big Mac". Never have tried jigging for them but it sounds like a riot. Glad to see the Gorge is giving out fish still. God Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge are practically the same distance from SLC but Bear Laker's are easier to target, it isn't 90 miles big like FG. It will be a long time before I ever decide to go back to FG.
[signature]
Don't give up on the Gorge so easy it's a lot further for me but I always enjoy the trip. With some tips off the forum I'll bet you will find where to catch the Mac next time. Later j
[signature]
I think Flaming Gorge is way over-rated and everyone should avoid it. !!!
[signature]
Yeah it sucks !! Dont go to FG ! [sly]
[signature]
It really sucks if your a water skier or pleasure boater. Avoid at all cost.... hehehe
[signature]