Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what pass is the best to get into Lake Mead
Looks like a bunch of you guys are out there a lot. Do you guys just get the year pass for LM or do you get the inter agency pass that lets you into any Nat park, BLM, Forest? Its raining like crazy right now and I would almost bet someone is out there fishing it.

Thanks in advance
[signature]
I buy the Lake Mead entrance pass for a year at $30.00 for a vehicle. This pass is good for the entrance stations at:

[li]Boulder Beach[/li][li]East Lake Mead Blvd.[/li][li]Lake Mead Parkway[/li][li]Cottonwood Cove[/li][li]Temple Bar[/li][li]Katherine Landing[/li]

Since I have a kayak, I don't have to pay the additional $30 for a vessel. The pass is good from the start of the calendar year. Last year the entrance pass for a vehicle was $20.

I bought a pass but seldom use it since I get to the lake before sunrise and the entrance station is closed. But on those occasions I arrive later, it is still cheaper than paying $10 each time I go.
[signature]

[quote gnelson651]I buy the Lake Mead entrance pass for a year at $30.00 for a vehicle. This pass is good for the entrance stations at:

[li]Boulder Beach[/li][li]East Lake Mead Blvd.[/li][li]Lake Mead Parkway[/li][li]Cottonwood Cove[/li][li]Temple Bar[/li][li]Katherine Landing[/li]

Since I have a kayak, I don't have to pay the additional $30 for a vessel. The pass is good from the start of the calendar year. Last year the entrance pass for a vehicle was $20.

I bought a pass but seldom use it since I get to the lake before sunrise and the entrance station is closed. But on those occasions I arrive later, it is still cheaper than paying $10 each time I go.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, so if you get there before they open up you can just drive thru without paying? They dont have that automated system for payment? Like at Lees Ferry Az? They have a machine that prints out the passes it even accepts plastic!
[signature]
Yeah, there's nobody there before about 5am. They show up sometime between 5 and 6. If you get there when it's closed, you're in free.
[signature]