Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pontoon Boat
Ya gotta check this out! A whole new category has opened up!!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/2608726056.html
[signature]
PVC has reached new heights!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I like this one better. I think it is one of Daves newer frameless models. Likely not too stable in whitewater but lookin' good on the still pond.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[inline "SCADDEN'S NEW FRAMELESS.jpg"]
[signature]
Where to put the worms...LOL C, that thing really floats I am told.....
[signature]
I saw it on another site, and it was just too good not to share.

The part that gets me is the riding on the rivers with it idea!

I think I would be a bit nervous on still water too. Some really nice wakes or waves might just pop some of the joints.....
[signature]
They say "less is more" I don't think that is true in this case. GET A FLOAT TUBE!!!!!
[signature]
$250? This is one time I hope P.T. Barnum is wrong.
[signature]
oh boy !
[signature]
Somehow I get the feeling beer and banjos were in abundance when this contraption was conceived. One guy saying "hey I got an idea!" and his beer guzzling brethren saying "oh yeah, that's a great idea, let's do it! Then we can sell them on Craigslist and be rich!"
[signature]
The center of gravity seems very high on this design, you got to sit low to minimize flipping... On the other hand lawn chair Larry's balloon craft did fly: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/l...rlarry.htm

There seems to be something attractive about lawnchair craft....

Pon
[signature]
Speakin' of PVC pipe creations, I would like to make rod cases from very lightweight thin wall 3" PVC sewer line. But the available cap fittings/plugs seem to be all wrong size. I've thought of a small section from wooden post to use as a plug. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm trying to stay as lightweight as possible. I know you can buy nice ones and and avoid the aggravation, but homemade means custom lengths and lower costs....

Pon
[signature]
[#502800]You can make plugs out of those larger size swim noodles .......... You can even plug up the hole in the middle of the noodle by cutting a small piece, (slightly larger than the hole in the middle), then glue it in with RTV or silicone........ You won't even know it wasn't solid to begin with.[/#502800]
[signature]
Great idea WW, thanks!

Pon

[quote WaveWolf][#502800]You can make plugs out of those larger size swim noodles .......... You can even plug up the hole in the middle of the noodle by cutting a small piece, (slightly larger than the hole in the middle), then glue it in with RTV or silicone........ You won't even know it wasn't solid to begin with.[/#502800][/quote]
[signature]
Another redneck contraption... I must say it looks top heavy. Also the floating aspect needs some more help too.
[signature]