Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Coast Report
Redfishing has been great most of the week. The water temperature has dropped just enough to make them school up in both the Indian and Banana Rivers. The best news though, They Are Hitting Top Water again. Today we found a school of reds that healed fish from 26 to 35 inches in schools of up to 50 fish. They where holding in 1 to 3 feet of water and feeding on needle fish. The reds where most active between 0800 and 1000. <br>Also for those of you who want to just catch fish and watch fish catch air, the ladyfish are packed into the power plants. This annual event comes every year at this time and lasts till the water starts to warm up in the spring. So grab your light tackle, and fly rods and get ready for the no stop action. Most of these fish have been in the 10 to 20 inch range. This week most of the fish we caught where on: <br>MirrOlure's Top Dog 94M21 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook <br>Near clear DOA shrimp with a fire tail <br>Got-cha Saltwater Curltail Grubs . any color works for the ladyfish<br>Tin Liz fly's<br>No-motor Zone<br>12/27/2001 report by Craig Redwine<br>A recent cold front came through and gave us our coldest days this season but that didn't seem to bother the Redfish. I've been finding Redfish throughout the entire area in water less than three foot and the water is beginning to clean up which makes for some great sight casting. I have been averaging 4 Redfish a day on 1/2 day trips the fish are being caught throughout the entire day but seem to be most aggressive between 10 am & 1 PM.  <br>The fish have ranged form 22 inches to 36 inches. I can pretty much guarantee 90% that you will catch fish right now, the area has been closed since Sept. 16 and the fish are everywhere.<br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470