Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockjaw big time.
Took our usual fall trip to champlain, St Catherine and Boomasheen..VT
Nothing but lock jaw on catherine with only 4-5 fish per day and champlain with the same amount. Did get a bass 4/12 on the second day. We threw all makes and styles at our favorite holes and nothing seemed to want to work. Weather was clear all days with water temp. at 59-62. What bass we did boat were skinny and haven't gotten the hint to start putting on the feed bag yet. Wed. morning as we went to Boomasheen for a few hours we hit gold with 12 fish in 3 hours. Then time to go home. [frown] This weather and high water must have screwed them up bad.
[signature]
that was what I was thinking while reeding your post, the heavy rains must have flushed the food sorce out or changed the flavor of the water and nothing taist right.

we get the same results here too after heavy rains, the fish just want to snub their noses at every thing, sept the salmon, they like the cold heavy rains.

I take it you didnt hit any rivers while you were over there?
[signature]
No rivers up there to speak of. We started to hit wednesday morning, then had to head home. My buddy is going back Friday for 5 more days and try it again on the new moon. What a mess those rains did to the roads. But you never heard them squak.
[signature]