Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dough Bait Rig
I have recently become interested in the idea of using dough baits in saltwater. I did not know the best way to rig the bait so I made a bait rig with two dough hooks and a snap swivel for to attach a weight at the bottom. Is this a good way to do it?
[signature]
[size 2]I personally have never heard of using dough bait in saltwater. Good luck.[cool][/size]
[signature]
Hey there BFFG. Fishfather is right again. Those dough baits would desintergrate way to fast in the salt and just fall off of the line. I have found out from expereince that dough baits work best in a still lake or very slow flowing stream. You may be better to stay with the macks' , chovies, squids, clams, and mussels. Most of your salties are not good bread eaters. They prefer their meat. Good Luck.
[signature]
thanks for the advice, I'll just keep a loaf of bread nearby for when I get bored or the fish are not biting.
[signature]
Hey there Mullet head, Thanks for the insight on catching mullet. I guess you are pretty experieced. That is why we learn from each other on this site. If you get a chance please feel free to register. It only takes a minute and it's free of charge. We also have a partner site which is brand new and already roaring with anglers just like you and I. check it out as well. Here is the address. [url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com"]www.fishingmessageboards.com[/url] It is a site just like this one but there are no advertisements. Please feel free to sign up for both.
[signature]