Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need tips for catching carp on fly
Thanks for any tips,I have a flyrod already,and line,plus leader material,let me know were I can find what I need. Here's a picture of the berries they eat,I need something like this,berries are white and then turn red,then purple as they ripen.I would be catching my first carp on fly if all works out[:/], Notice the 3 berries on the grass under the reel,they are rigged with a small hook I use to catch carp,this set up allows the 3 berries to float,I need an artificial berry that floats.My best is a 28lb carp on spin cast ,lets see if we can beat that on fly rod,I have a White River fly rod,"old" Yesterday I faught a pacu for 10min,on my 4lb fireline light action Berkley rod,I hooked him from my boat with bread.I should of rigged it on another rod,but I chanced it,finally he got hung up on something near the bottom of the lake,50' down,I have a full spool of 125 yards on a mithell 500,I even had my camera ready,fish faught as he wasn't even hooked.I can't wait to the day I post a huge Pacu on here some day. A man can dream,a man can dream,Paulpro,P.S,the Pacu eat the berries also,I even hooked one on berries,imagine I hook one on an artificial berry and finally catch one on my fly rod,maybe this is the way it was meant to be,sincerely yours,P.J. the last pic is from a few months ago,this was the last time berries dropped from the trees,its nearly time again,and it only last for about 3 to 5 days.
[signature]