Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who buys estate lots of tackle?
Hi- I am trying to sell a whole bunch of mostly vintage freshwater fishing tackle of my father’s who passed recently. Does anyone have any recommendations for reputable and fair dealers or individuals who buy estate lots of fishing gear? I’m in CT but see no reason why it all couldn’t be shipped. Any recommendations on how to go about this would also be greatly help will be appreciated!
we get that a lot here.

to start you need to inventory all of it,

lay it all out on a white sheet and take a photo or group of photos that allows every thing to be seen, High quality photos so that any intrested parties can see what you have.

personaly, I would not sell, but I do understand things are what they are.

my second choice would to take them to a flea market. there are wheelers and dealers there. many times they will buy all you have. Just remember to you they are vintage to them they are old. A lure is only a collectors item if the person who is buying it is a collector.

another thing to remember is, the value of it when it was bought, today a rapalla may cost 5-8 dollars, when your dad bought it, its over the counter cost may have only been a buck fifty to three dollars.

You may find that they are worth more as fishing lures than collectors items.

then you have to look at, how much you have to move, fifty lures, a hundred, five hundred?

for most vintage lures, they need to be in the box unopened with any and all papers that came with it pressent. other wise they are used lures. Only hand carved and hand paintes lures really have any value.
[signature]
Daves right when he says if they are not in a box and 70 years old, their just old lures. I know alot of guys search yard sales for these items. Try Craigs list after you take pictures and post them. You can check with the bigger tackle shops like Rivers End in Old Saybrook. They may have a lead for you. Used Rods and Reels are just that, USED. Good Luck.
Welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Thanks guys, that's good info. I don't plan to sell it all. My Dad did some fly fishing but was really into trolling for lake trout and I like to cast for bass so there's lots of stuff I'll never use. Thanks again for the info!

dave.
[signature]