Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callville launch Sunday 10/23/11
That child kills me. Everytime I turn my back she somehow hooks into a decent one. I need to just sit back and watch what in the heck she is doing! She bagged both of these Small Mouths on back to back casts. I never even hooked into a Small Mouth Sunday. I did get some decent Large Mouths though [Wink]

[Image: Lake_Mead_10-23-11_08.jpg]

[Image: Lake_Mead_10-23-11_09.jpg]

The walk to the parking lot at Callville Bay is STUPID. Man what a haul and I wasn't even to the lot when I took this picture... First time launching from there for us.

[Image: Lake_Mead_10-23-11_22.jpg]

I am thinking Kolob Resevoir in Utah this upcoming week. Maybe Friday since she is out of school. I am guessing not too much time left to get up there before there is snow on the roads and ice on the lake. Time to break out the fly rods and get some Cutthroat action from the boat. Love catching them there. From the shore it is decent and I know from a boat it will be stupid!
[signature]
awesome fishing[fishin]

Yeah, that walk at Callville is just dumb. I have not launched there since they took out the temp ramp.
[signature]
Hmmm, I might have to start stocking the boat with something other than fishing rods! (Just kidding)

[Image: Lake_Mead_10-23-11_14.jpg]
[signature]
Let us know about Kolob, i was considering hitting it up next weekend or Navajo. Weather is cooling off nice so trout action is calling my name.
[signature]
Kolob or Panguitch anyday over Navajo! We camped for 2 nights/3 days this past summer at Panguitch and did really well from the shore. Fly fishing was so so due to access with waders only and no float tube but did catch a few very nice Cutthroats with the fly rod. The rest was bottom bait or spinners. Madi and I caught quite a few 2-3 pound Rainbows. The Cutthroats were all slot fish and had to be released. We have done well at Navajo too but smaller fish and not worth the drive IMO.
[signature]