Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind and Waves on Mojave
Friday, 10/29/11- I new it would happen...........haven't been to Cottonwood Cove in a decade and there my pard, Don and I sat in the truck, at 5:30 am, on the ramp, in the dark, wondering what to do. Temp 46 degrees, wind gusts out of the north, two pennants flying on the flagstaff telling us there are small craft warnings.

[inline "10-29-11 005.jpg"]

Baysport sits on the ramp at Cottonwood Cove. We had the whole place to ourselfs.

[inline "10-29-11 012.jpg"]

Waited till dawn to lanch. We faced a windy, cold, lake.

[inline "10-29-11 013.jpg"]

Made a feeble attempt at trolling on the Arizona side upstream from Cottonwood Cove.

[inline "10-29-11 011.jpg"]

Burros laughing at the gringos trying maintain boat control on the windy lake. Enough!! Lets head up to Willow Beach.

[inline "10-29-11 009.jpg"]

Smooth water in the canyons up river.

[inline "10-29-11 007.jpg"]

Pulled into a nice, calm, sunny, and very busy Willow Beach. Picture shows the crowd on the beach but not the fleet of boats on the water. We dragged around swimbaits that looked like rainbow trout with no love. We saw a lot of anglers catch trout but no stripers. I'm sure that happened after we left! The run back downriver was nice, the run down Lake Mojave to Cottonwood Cove was wet and wild. What a great boat ride!

Heading to Lake Mead on Sunday to try and kick this skunk off the boat.
BaySport
[signature]
Wow I have never seen willow that packed!!!! Been down there alot lately and never seen that many people on the shore lol.... I was suppose to go yesterday but hit the lake instead... Looks like I made a wise choice..... You should do good at the lake it always delivers man there not always quality but there for sure is quanity....good luck out there man...Wink
[signature]
Wow! That's combat fishing on the shoreline of Willow Beach. Never seen it that packed the last 3 years I've been going there.

Must be government employees who were off for Nevada Day.
[signature]
I figured it was gonna be like that, glad I stayed in... the wind sux ****
[signature]