Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the odds?! HA HA
Last week at willow beach i hooked into a fatty and ended up losing my 12" AC Minnow.....my dad is in town so i took him to willow for a evening fish last night. Headed back down to the area i lost my lure last week and what so i see in a big patch of moss.....a 12" AC minnow. I don't know that it is mine, but its the same color (baby trout) and has the same type of line. Go figure!!!! made my day.

Ended up getting skunked but still a good day on the water, and the river is down another 3 ft from last week.A Lot of shore fisherman going after trout but not many boats on the water.
[signature]
its amazing [shocked]
[signature]
So your knot didn't fail your string did??? I learned one thing at the lake yesterday 25lb mono is some strong ish!!!! And my knots are perfect!! I kept snagging in hole 33 and one time I couldn't get it undone for the life of me I was pulling with every thing I had wore my self out trying to break the line or pole since I was so frustrated... Pulled my knife out and gave it one last yank with every thing I had, it comes free but feels like I got a bag of cement on it lol.... Reeled it in and pulled up a 3ft diameter bush, pulled it fresh from the bottom with the roots...... Man that's some tough stuff!!! I have plenty of faith in 25lb mono and a single polamor knot..... It's indestructible man.... Lol
[signature]
I once caught a fish in a river that had a fly I lost the day before. I was using the same fly a size 10 tungsted beadhead prince nymph. When I landed it there was the same fly on both sides pretty much mirror image. I get it mail order and never seen any one else with this exact fly plus it was miles from any road and rarely gets fished.
[signature]
At Floyd Lamb I caught a trout that broke me off at a standing pipe out about 30ft from the shore. The next trout I caught snagged a line and in comes the one that (almost) got away. A 2'fer.

At the same park I was fishing with a float and fly and a fish broke it off. I then cast out to catch the same fish with the float and fly still intacted.

I had that happen before at Eagle Valley. I was bringing in my catch and the line snagged on a small stringer with a live fish on it.

I've even caught an ultralight rod and reel set at Veterans Park in BC that was lost the day before by an angler not paying attention to his rod sitting on the ground.
[signature]