Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little different henrys lake report.
christhefish and I were up at henrys lake this past wednesday. without a doubt it was the best trip yet. i have a write up posted on my blog... its alot easier to check it out than for me two re-write everything.

www.centralpatroutbum.blogspot.com
[signature]
NICE BLOG! and I am so jealous. Beautiful fish and fantastic poses and shots. That is what C&R is suppose to look like. Thanks so much. Keep up the fantastic fishing!
[signature]
Looks like you got into some nice fish! Thanks for the report and nice blog!
Nice day out there! Beautiful pictures and fish. That looks like you had an amazing trip.
[signature]
Nice job. The one that questioned as a hybrid is defineately a hybrid. Look at how squished or deformed the dots are like like half moons. That is one way to tell the Henrys Lake hybrids. There are other cutts that have hybridization, but it is pretty easy to tell those that the fish and game "cook up".

Windriver
[signature]
Stunning cutts! I guess you don't need a boat or a tube to fish Henry's, after all.
[signature]
This past month, the shore line has been packed with schooling fish. They are always there at some time or another, but it seems like this year they are hanging around the shore line more. Maybe because it was a short summer so to speak, at any rate, you can do quite well from the shore.

I need to have up dates on water though. I will be in the area for Thanksgiving and I know it is wishful thinking, but I don't ice fish, so hoping it stays ice free a little longer. Heck, you ice fishers have till Jan 1st anyway...LOL
[signature]
bag henry's lets stealhead tell alan to take a couple extra days before and or after and we'll run up to the salmon especially if its nice
[signature]
when i was up there the day of the original post the ponds in the area had a thin layer of ice on them. I should be headed up this coming week and also the following week so i will give a report on those trips when it comes to the water.
[signature]
Open water Thanksgiving not going to happen. It has been frozen on Thanksgiving for the last five years and from what I have been told it is always frozen by that date except maybe once every 20 years. It has already snowed a couple of times up there and the air temps are dropping for the week here in Rexburg. I will be up there on Thanksgiving. Ice fishing.[laugh]

Windriver
[signature]
I just got home from Island Park . It was zero when I left . I had a gallon jug of water outside and it froze solid . They are predicting 32 for the high today . Curt G.
[signature]
Last weekend the water temp was 37. Can't wait to ice fish as compaired to the cold wind last weekend.
[signature]
didnt make it up like i said i would.....clutch went out on the truck.....rexburg got cold and snow...i am guessing its getting close to that freezing temp up there
[signature]
Stopped in about 5 on the way home from the pheasant hunt in south dakota......was cold to say the least. Was 20, about 6 inches of snow. At the state dock there was ice in the corner where the cuttys have been schooled up in. About 40 to 50 square feet worth.
[signature]